Poland to ban "Men in Skirts"

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Poland to ban "Men in Skirts"

Post by iain »

Bizarre - Poland's skirt ban
29th March 2007 07:01:01

Poland is set to ban "men in skirts".

The move comes after a spate of incidents involving drunken Scottish men flashing outraged locals.

Agnieska Gaspar, 23, from Krakow, said: "You can't go round the corner without seeing a Scot showing off what he has under his kilt while one of his mates photographs him."

Police claim they cannot ban kilt-wearing, but a Wroclaw city council spokesman said: "We are still looking into the matter as we have had a number of complaints from people who were confronted by drunks lifting their kilts and exposing themselves and we feel that this is not the kind of behaviour our city wants to see. "Why would we want to see what a Scotsman wears under his kilt?"

Well, there's the other side of the coin--fashion freedom is earned by those who use it responsibly! It would be a shame if wearing a kilt meant association by default with flashers.
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

iain wrote:Bizarre - Poland's skirt ban
Agnieska Gaspar, 23, from Krakow, said: "You can't go round the corner without seeing a Scot showing off what he has under his kilt while one of his mates photographs him."

Police claim they cannot ban kilt-wearing, but a Wroclaw city council spokesman said: ........................

Amazing! Perhaps that where all of the (relatively recent) massive growth in Kilt production has gone! Round every corner, eh? :confused: Is there nothing else to do in Poland, I wonder? :shake: I've travelled with/mixed with Scots fans abroad, but have yet to see such a phenomenon. Sounds more like the effects of 'a dram or two'! Mind you, in the heady days of the Home Internationals, there were a lot of bare bottoms shown out of bus/train windows as they passed through England, or wherever! :shifty: Invariably got a laugh, or a bemused headshake! Seriously, it sounds like it has rather got out of hand - no doubt encouraged by those curious folk demanding to know, "What's worn under the Kilt?" :think:
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Sounds like they should ban indecent exposure.
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Post by MtnBiker »

This is why skirt wearing will never take off for young boys. Until a certain amount of decency has been acquired, any little boy wearing a skirt would be just too likely to show his bits. Girls are taught froma very early age to be decent with the skirt-wearing. I really think this would be hard enough to teach a little boy that few parents would take it on.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Its really sad that the ones who expose themselves are usually wearing the kilt as a one off experience, for example a kilt-themed stag weekend and the new found freedom goes to their heads after a few drinks, creating the public impression that all kilt wearers must be drunken exhibitionist louts. I think a lot of men who may still lack the confidence to wear a kilt out and about in their home town are now starting to wear them for travel - apart from myself there were two other guys wearing kilts on my Easyjet flight from Newcastle to Stansted on Tuesday morning and there were quite a lot of kilts to be seen at Stansted Airport, all their wearers I hasten to add were sober and wll behaved - I suppose most of these guys would have been London based ex-pat Scots heading off to Italy for Wednesday evening's soccer match.
During my day out at the Imperial War Museum several people asked me if I was Scottish, though that might have been down to the sweatshirt rather than the non-tartan kilt.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Departed Member

cessna152towser wrote:............ and there were quite a lot of kilts to be seen at Stansted Airport, all their wearers I hasten to add were sober and well behaved .........
It is rare, indeed, to pass through Stansted Airport without seeing Kilts these days! :) :cheer: And not just for Football matches! :dance: No-one 'bats an eyelid', to be honest - least of all the airport staff - way it should be, without doubt!
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

Poland they ditch the commies only for the Catholic church to muscle in
Departed Member

After much careful thought, I will mostly be banning Poland!

(Acknowledgments to the Fast Show!)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Lightbulb screwing in

Post by Since1982 »

I AM FAIR. I refuse to say anything about how many pol...umm whatevers it takes to screw in a lightbulb. See how fair I am, no one can accuse me of anything 'cause "pol" could mean police, pollsters, politicians, poligamists, polesitters, pollen sneezers, pole vaulters, polka dancers...OR screwy kilt flashers. etc. :think: :rolleyes: :ninjajig: :cheer: :shake: :clap:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/