Mytights.com now selling tights for men

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Mytights.com now selling tights for men

Post by ChristopherJ »

Apologies if this is old news - but it's new news to me . . .

A few months back mytights.com put a page up on their website to provide information for men who wanted to buy or wear tights etc. I thought that was great - as I wear tights in the winter and saw it as another step towards acceptance for men wearing skirts etc.

Now mytights.com seem to have gone a bit further and they have a page with a few pairs of unisex tights - with the brand name of WoMan. I've not heard of them before. Also - and I think this is good - they have a picture of a man on the packet of tights - modelling them. They are not the sort of thing I would wear - as I wear opaque tights with skirts in the cold weather - but some MIS might like them.

http://www.mytights.com/mytights/findit/formen.html

Another brick in the wall . . . . :cheer:
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

I have a few pairs of these tights. They are labled as unisex though I think they are just larger female tights. That being said they are quite nice in fit and feel. They are however quite delicate, in the lower deneer (thickness). They are a little pricy, and I have only gotten at most two wearings out of a pair before hole form. These actually do not run unless there is a lot of damage, but they do for little holes that ruin the look of the darker shades.

Honestly how do you make tights or hose Men's clothing aside from eliminating the cotton crotch? I have worn hose that lack that feature and guess what? They were not comfortable, seems us guys need airflow down there too.
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

They are more than a little pricy. Anything over $4.99 is pricy to me!
Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

They are more than a little pricy. Anything over $4.99 is pricy to me!
Cheapskate! :wink:

I haven't tried any of the tights made for men, but in wearing 'normal' tights and leggings I have found that you get what you pay for. When I have bought cheap tights I have found that they don't fit properly (I am tall) and are not well made.

These days, if I wear any hosiery, I mostly wear cotton leggings (footless tights, really) by Falke - and they are £12 per pair - thats just over $20 US. I only wear tights in the winter and for the colder weather I have found that Falke cotton tights are good value at £14 (c. $25 US) and for the coldest days, I'm likely to wear Falke wool tights at around £20 - or c. $30 US.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .