Back in fashion

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Miket

Back in fashion

Post by Miket »

I've just got back from the sales and wonder, is it my imagination or is the skirt having a revival witrh women at the moment? The Matalan and Next stores I visited, with my wife, were heaving with skirts compared with the last visit I made a couple of months ago. Some very nice ones - but my wife doesn't support me shopping for skirts.

At least we've now got a new title in the last thread! The previous one did make it difficult to open the site with others around!
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

More likely that there are loads of them on offer in the shops because they aren't selling well. We may soon reach the critical point there a woman in a skirt becomes as rare as a man in a kilt/skirt.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

cessna152towser wrote:More likely that there are loads of them on offer in the shops because they aren't selling well. We may soon reach the critical point there a woman in a skirt becomes as rare as a man in a kilt/skirt.
It's being so cheerful that keeps you going....

Have fun (try it, you may like it :) )

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Tonight I saw a TV advert for sofas which showed all the women wearing skirts. This is the first time in a long time that all the women in these adverts have all worn skirts. They looked sooo comfortable. The one man in the advert wore trousers and leather shoes. He didn't look particularly comfortable. Can't think why :confused:

As usual this advert is removed from reality. I suspect that most of the female customers visiting that particular store will be wearing jeans.

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

Miket - what if she goes with you and provides feedback as to which ones would suit you? Or is she totally against your skirt-wearing?

binx
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Women wearing skirts

Post by Since1982 »

There are lots of women getting back into skirts. I think they see skirt wearing men as sort of interloping on "THEIR" private world of skirt wearing and are wearing them again to let the men know that skirts and long hair are for women only....oops..did I say long hair? I do remember when you could get arrested for having long hair...I guess that dates me. :):shifty: :shake:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Interesting to note on UK TV New Year programmes that the vast majority of the ladies were in dresses or skirts. A pleasant surprise, to be sure! I'm in agreement with Skip's thoughts on women "see(ing) skirt wearing men as sort of interloping on "THEIR" private world of skirt wearing". Equally, I think there is, at long last, a growing resistance amongst women against the (usually tr*usered) "feminazi" movement's assertions that "men have 'forced' women to wear skirts".

With a bit of luck, there'll be a more readily apparent 'distinction' between 'womens' skirts' and 'mens' skirts', too.

(There you go! New Year Optimism!)
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Since1982 wrote:There are lots of women getting back into skirts. I think they see skirt wearing men as sort of interloping on "THEIR" private world of skirt wearing and are wearing them again to let the men know that skirts and long hair are for women only....oops..did I say long hair? I do remember when you could get arrested for having long hair...I guess that dates me. :):shifty: :shake:
Hmm, I could believe that if men wearing skirts were more commonplace, but unfortunately they're not.

My wife is really pleased that skirts are making a comeback. She used to wear trousers most of the time, but after losing a lot of weight in 2005 she loves to buy nice skirts that will fit her (but too small for me :mad: ). Now she wears skirts/trousers in about equal measure, but never wears trousers when we go country dancing (neither do I :) )

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

My wife used to wear skirts most of the time and I only wore a kilt about one evening a week for country dancing. Now she wears trousers full time but I haven't worn trousers since Christmas Eve. Kilts are so much more comfortable - a proper Scottish kilt for more formal wear and lightweight polycotton kilted skirts around the house and for going to the shops. We were out walking today and got caught up in a hailstorm, but the design of the double apron at front and pleats at back of the kilt kept me warm, even in my lightweight polycotton gothwear kilt .
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/