A MySpace blogger blogs...

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Thank you Milfmog

Post by Since1982 »

Makes sense, to a point. dirt or dust colored is "Khak" so a dust colored garment is Khak colored...how did it get to be Khaki colored? Why was an "i" added?

At least it's more original than the Pilgrims who saw various fishes in the water of New England and named them for very obvious reasons. Hence "Redfish, Bluefish, Striped Bass and Whitefish" and later on....."Swordfish" wow, what savants...:think: :rolleyes: :shake:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

I have been meaning to get around to commenting on this one for a long time. To me Lainie's blog entry is a positive thing. She did not understand men wearing skirts on her first exposure to the concept. That is not too surprising so I don't take off points for that. In fact, she went on to research the idea wanting to know more and understand why. Most of us don't get that far when introduced to something new. She even goes beyond that wanting to talk to the man if she sees him again. Again I won't dismiss her just because she picked up only two reasons a man might wear a skirt- merely protesting unequal dress codes or being a transvestite. Chances are she will get to talk to a man in a skirt one day and find out some of the other reasons why.

Last, you picture your dad in a skirt. Seem weird to you? The idea is to me since I know that is not my father's style. My guess is that if Lainie had a male friend that wore skirts he wouldn't seem weird after she got to know him. I certainly will not criticize that writer for not 'getting it' immediately.

Quiet Mouse
Don

Post by Don »

I agree that Lanie's blog very positive thing!

As I see it, this gal has all the makings of a STRONG MIS advocate! She's young, she's probably pretty bright (Most PATH riders ito Manhattan are upscale professionals), she's articulate (her post was well writen), and she's logical (she said "In theory, it's a smart idea and a relatively good argument"). Perhaps most significantly, she was FASCINATED and CURIOUS enough to do a little Google research, and then write her blog! I'd wager heavily that she would be an easy and ultimately zealous convert!

I'm gonna try to engage her in a quiet one-on-one, and see where she's really coming from, and where she's going!
Don
Oakland, NJ
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Well...

Post by binx »

Since1982 wrote:Makes sense, to a point. dirt or dust colored is "Khak" so a dust colored garment is Khak colored...how did it get to be Khaki colored? Why was an "i" added?
Suppose it was done to make it into an adjective, like tack and tacky...:think: :shifty:

I have to agree too, Don.

binx