The Daily Record, Wooster, Ohio

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Steven

The Daily Record, Wooster, Ohio

Post by Steven »

My story made it into the paper, unfortunately I do not have permission to post the full article.

The reporter did a good job on presenting it and I'm happy with it overall.
20220524_102443 (Large).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
People should fear the people that fear me - "The Fifth Edge"
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Daily Record, Wooster, Ohio

Post by rode_kater »

I found the complete article online here. That's is the EU link though, I've no idea if it works. Otherwise here is an archive link.

Bizarre story.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

rode_kater wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:16 pm I found the complete article online here. That's is the EU link though, I've no idea if it works. Otherwise here is an archive link.

Bizarre story.
Thanks! The link worked, I am so glad I was born on the wet side of the Pond, At least in the UK we seem to have less of the insanity that seems to be infesting an awful lot of the US! We are still insane, just not as insane!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Steven

Post by Steven »

rode_kater wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:16 pm I found the complete article online here. That's is the EU link though, I've no idea if it works. Otherwise here is an archive link.

Bizarre story.
Thanks for that! I certainly can link to that instead and not have people complain about it being behind a paywall.

Cheers!

Steven
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The thing that's missing here is what the overall culture of Wooster, OH/USA is. I'm willing to wager that it's rather substantially different from my next-door neighbour Worcester, MA/USA. Geography and local culture plays a huge part in the USA.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

As CRfriend said, cultural mindsets vary dramatically in different parts of the US. Ohio likes to think of itself as a bell weather State, but certainly leans to the conservative in most areas. I suspect the court used the 'convenience' of a technicality to divest itself from having to publicly issue an finding that would likely ruffle a lot of feathers.

It is sad that 'justice' in so many places is skewed to the majority wishes regardless of the virtues, and if you can't pay the piper, tough luck. Steven, this is such a clear case of discrimination, yet it gets buried.

Does anyone know of an organization that might take it on; relieving Steve of the burden in time and dollars? It may not have the broad appeal of cases organizations like ACLU take on, though they've done some strange ones; but someone, somewhere...?
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Faldaguy wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:40 am It is sad that 'justice' in so many places is skewed to the majority wishes regardless of the virtues, and if you can't pay the piper, tough luck.
You have elected judges, so I think this is expected behaviour?

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
-- Upton Sinclair
Steven

Post by Steven »

crfriend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:16 pm The thing that's missing here is what the overall culture of Wooster, OH/USA is. I'm willing to wager that it's rather substantially different from my next-door neighbour Worcester, MA/USA. Geography and local culture plays a huge part in the USA.
Very much so, a friend of mine used to live there, has nothing good to say about police, media, or legal system there.

My attorney told me that Wayne County courts dismissed the case saying they don't have jurisdiction. Keep in mind that the ice rink is located in Wayne County.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Faldaguy wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:40 am As CRfriend said, cultural mindsets vary dramatically in different parts of the US. Ohio likes to think of itself as a bell weather State, but certainly leans to the conservative in most areas. I suspect the court used the 'convenience' of a technicality to divest itself from having to publicly issue an finding that would likely ruffle a lot of feathers.

It is sad that 'justice' in so many places is skewed to the majority wishes regardless of the virtues, and if you can't pay the piper, tough luck. Steven, this is such a clear case of discrimination, yet it gets buried.

Does anyone know of an organization that might take it on; relieving Steve of the burden in time and dollars? It may not have the broad appeal of cases organizations like ACLU take on, though they've done some strange ones; but someone, somewhere...?
Ya know, I've tried all kinds of angles and written to a large number of people, but it seems that while they are invested in hearing about discrimination, bigotry, sexism, and whatever else. They seem to toss it aside when the victim is someone like me, a white heterosexual male.

I'm more surprised that this has gone on for as long as it has, I mean seriously, I can't speak for Seth Greenburg other then he know about me from other rinks and still decided the best course of action was to kick me out.

The reply from David Noble completely surprise me as words from others don't put him as a person to discriminate against others.

A search of their on staff attorney came back with them saying “I think my most valuable lesson is that everybody has value and everybody deserves respect,” ****** said, even when a person does not treat them the same way. “Rise above that and show them there is a more positive way,” she said. “And the best way to teach that is by example.”

So even a person who said that, either didn't preach it, or just did what their client wanted.

Organizations are a joke, there is no organization that I've found so far that helps someone who is blatantly being discriminated against who is a white heterosexual male. Heck, my current attorney is my 3rd or 4th one as most only practiced race or employment discrimination, not sex.

Even US Figure Skating, who can't help me as their rules only apply to competitions and not to rinks or coaches, created a new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Working Group. But that group only helps Black, Indigenous or other People of Color, not white heterosexual males.

I think my wife has a point in saying that my single voice is not yet loud enough, so either I make it louder, or find more people to make it louder.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Steven wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:54 pmVery much so, a friend of mine used to live there, has nothing good to say about police, media, or legal system there.
Indeed Massachusetts' legal system has serious echoes of the 17th Century in it, and those aren't likely to go away any time soon. Fortunately, I live in a small town rather than the city of Worcester.
My attorney told me that Wayne County courts dismissed the case saying they don't have jurisdiction. Keep in mind that the ice rink is located in Wayne County.
Precisely. That's why the case was BS from the get-go and they wanted to sweep it under the carpet. There's a prevalent stance in US society that pretty much states that it's not possible to discriminate against men -- which is why it's so rampant. Is it fair? No. Few things are. But that one especially needs changing.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Over the years I've tried numerous times and ways to bring attention to the discrimination I've faced for being a white heterosexual male.

I've mostly been meet with silence, a few "All inclusive Diversity and Inclusion" groups I've been able to post too have seen my post subsequently removed with no explanation.

I fail to understand how people think I am privileged for all the crap myself and others have had to deal with.

My wife says that my voice is not yet loud enough to be heard, so either make it louder, or find more people to sing with me. I'm working on doing both.

It's not over yet by a long shot.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Steven wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:34 pmOver the years I've tried numerous times and ways to bring attention to the discrimination I've faced for being a white heterosexual male.
[...]It's not over yet by a long shot.
Indeed, and until everyone is welcome at the table it won't be over. This is something that the "diversity" folks seem to forget.

Let's try to build a more inclusive world, not a world with various classes that are regarded as superior to others and who have primacy. It's all or nothing.