Nice article advocating for men in skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Nice article advocating for men in skirts

Post by Freedomforall »

Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nice article advocating for men in skirts

Post by Daryl »

Sadly the article focuses on the attraction of skirts for men being that women love seeing men's hairy legs and the anticipation of a breeze showing more. This will never drive the adoption of skirts by men, though it may add some social lubricant to it.

Not wanting to be on sexual display is one of the big reasons women mostly wear pants in the workplace nowadays. For women, sexual messaging is part of the very reason for wearing a skirt. It's doubtful that the same kind of sexual messaging will ever be normalised for men. Comfort and freedom, and aesthetic variety, will be our choice drivers, in my humble opinion.
Daryl...
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

The article dates from 2014. Thus from before the #metoo situation. It indicates that women are as much interested to learn about specific body parts of men as men in respect of women.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Gusto10 wrote:The article dates from 2014. Thus from before the #metoo situation. It indicates that women are as much interested to learn about specific body parts of men as men in respect of women.
I think everyone is a little curious about what is under the hood.

Women for the most part don't get the chance to peek up a men's kilt or skirt so to them the concept is foreign. But given the chance.....

I have never really understood why schools have cheer leading. Seems like a destructive idea putting girls in short skirts and then have them jump, tumble, dance, and strut around in front of a bunch of hormones raging boys. It makes as much sense passing out books of matches at a arsonist anonymous meeting.
As a high schooler, I wasn't at the pep assembly to watch football or basketball players.

In the event I'm ever upkilted or upskirted, peeked. While I would be mortified and shocked, part of me would consider it karma for all the opportunity peek's I got in the past from cheerleaders or a light skirt billowing up in an errant breeze.
However any touching or feeling would be unacceptable and shut down immediately.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

mishawakaskirt wrote:
Gusto10 wrote:The article dates from 2014. Thus from before the #metoo situation. It indicates that women are as much interested to learn about specific body parts of men as men in respect of women.
I think everyone is a little curious about what is under the hood.

Women for the most part don't get the chance to peek up a men's kilt or skirt so to them the concept is foreign. But given the chance.....

I have never really understood why schools have cheer leading. Seems like a destructive idea putting girls in short skirts and then have them jump, tumble, dance, and strut around in front of a bunch of hormones raging boys. It makes as much sense passing out books of matches at a arsonist anonymous meeting.
As a high schooler, I wasn't at the pep assembly to watch football or basketball players.

In the event I'm ever upkilted or upskirted, peeked. While I would be mortified and shocked, part of me would consider it karma for all the opportunity peek's I got in the past from cheerleaders or a light skirt billowing up in an errant breeze.
However any touching or feeling would be unacceptable and shut down immediately.
I've caught women trying to see up, and had one playfully begin to raise my skirt (a co-worker not a close friend outside of work). It has never mortified me. I find it amusing, and that's about it.

Sexual flirtation is a deep part of human nature, and the modality of it is different between men and women. Men and women are not simply mirror images of each other sexually or socially, and the differences are not all as a result of social/cultural conditioning, but rather biologically rooted. Some women I know even admit that part of the enjoyment of watching pro hockey or football for them is watching "beefcake" in action. That's no more wrong than enjoying watching cheerleaders do cartwheels.

I think that the "matches and arsonists" analogy is a bit over the top, though I get what you are saying. I think it's a mistake to equate piquing the interest of boys with inciting them to bad behaviour. We expect our social rules to result in self-governance, and that mostly works. I don't think shifting responsibility to girls to not do what they do to boys with flirtatious bodily displays, is the wrong direction, and even if we try, girls will find a way to defeat whatever we do.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Daryl wrote:I don't think shifting responsibility to girls to not do what they do to boys with flirtatious bodily displays, is the wrong direction, and even if we try, girls will find a way to defeat whatever we do.
This post is ancient (in internet time) already but I am replying because I realised that my last sentence (quoted above) has exactly the opposite of the meaning I intended. Either remove the word "don't" or replace the word "wrong" with "right" and it is corrected, but it could bear some other changes too so I will rephrase, hopefully more clearly, and merely for the sake of posterity...

I think shifting responsibility to girls (to not affect boys as they do with flirtatious bodily displays) is the wrong direction, and even if we try to do that, girls will find a way to defeat it anyway.
Daryl...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Daryl wrote:
Daryl wrote:I don't think shifting responsibility to girls to not do what they do to boys with flirtatious bodily displays, is the wrong direction, and even if we try, girls will find a way to defeat whatever we do.
I think shifting responsibility to girls (to not affect boys as they do with flirtatious bodily displays) is the wrong direction, and even if we try to do that, girls will find a way to defeat it anyway.
I'm so confused!!! Both are really confusing statements.

Watching the cheer leaders and watching the footy guys just to be titillated is probably considered normal by the Medical profession anyway!! So why worry about it? I think we are so conditioned to expect the worse in people that we do not give them credit for being good.
When I go out in my skirts I do not worry about an innocent flash I am wearing undies anyway.

Don't worry, be skirted!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Fred in Skirts wrote:Don't worry, be skirted!
A Skirt Cafe theme song with a rocksteady beat?
Daryl...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

How about we rewrite the Arrowsmith song "Dude Looks Like a Lady"? Maybe "Dude Don't Look Like a Lady"?

I think that's a job for Moon... LOL!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE

But who's gonna get the Arrowsmith tat on his a--? :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...