Raising “theybies”

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Raising “theybies”

Post by FranTastic444 »

Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Raising “theybies”

Post by Ralph »

Meanwhile, there over 10,000 followers in a Facebook group devoted to gender-neutral parenting more broadly...
"broadly". I see what they did there.
Ralph!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Interesting....

I'm sure the neo-cons are losing their mind over this... and yet public schools in my area are churning out thousands of cis-redneck high school kids that don't know how to read cursive or tell time....

Just sayin...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Hehe.....

"What kind of kid is that?"

"They be theybies...."

:lol: :lol:

:hide:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

:laff: Moon and Ralph :-)

Purely by chance, a relative of my wife just posted pics on FaceBook of their son (~5 y/o) at a Halloween party wearing his much loved Snow Queen Elsa of Frozen fame outfit. They are in a tricky position, I guess, because they are working out in the Middle East where I presume this sort of thing might be frowned upon. They let him grow his hair long and curly and to wear whatever he wished when he's round the house. Even in 'boy gear' he is often mistaken as a girl.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

What is wrong with a boy going to a fancy dress party as a girl? If he went as a pirate, nobody would think that he was actually a pirate, or that he thought he was actually a pirate. Nobody would try to psychoanalyse him in the slightest. Why should it be any different if he goes as a princess?

Sonthree, who is 17, went to a Hallowe'en party with some friends. They went as characters from The Wizard of Oz. He was the Wicked Witch of the West. Bought a cape and a broomstick, used a witch's black hat we had already, borrowed a black dress. Nobody thought this was odd at all.

Come to think of it, one Hallowe'en when I was about 8 or 9, I went out guising as a girl. Not my idea, my mother's; she lent me her tennis skirt. She's only 5'1" so it was a reasonable length on me. And for my party piece my Dad tought me "They call me Miss Buttercup" from some G&S opera (HMS Pinafore?)
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote:Come to think of it, one Hallowe'en when I was about 8 or 9, I went out guising as a girl. Not my idea, my mother's; she lent me her tennis skirt. She's only 5'1" so it was a reasonable length on me. And for my party piece my Dad taught me "They call me Miss Buttercup" from some G&S opera (HMS Pinafore?)
Alright, if Dad's in on it, then it can't be bad, right? Besides, your voice probably hadn't changed by that time.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!