BBC Radio 4 Menswear Revolution - UK only :(

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

BBC Radio 4 Menswear Revolution - UK only :(

Post by SkirtsDad »

Not about skirts, but explains changing attitudes and views to men's fashion, although there weren't any future predictions. Perhaps the most interesting comment for me was about the way that women tend to be careful to wear what they consider to be age appropriate, e.g. not looking to frumpy or wearing something that they considered too young for them, where as men seemed to not wear clothes fashionable with the young, for instance, because they thought the clothes were ridiculous and wouldn't even want to wear them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b01jsy

Non-UK folks might be able to use a proxy to listen.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: BBC Radio 4 Menswear Revolution - UK only :(

Post by denimini »

I could access it from Australia, maybe because our language is more like the UK and will understand it :) I haven't listened yet but I downloaded it to play when I am driving tomorrow.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Listening to it now.

PS: I now have an alter ego located in Edinburgh, and a BBC login. Not sure exactly where the VPN exit node is located.....ah:

Within the Craigentinny/Duddingston ward/electoral division, which is in the UK Parliamentary Constituency of Edinburgh East.
The Scottish Parliament constituency is Edinburgh Eastern. :scotland:

-007 was here-

:thewave:
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Got to listen to it, with distractions. Generally interesting listening to how menswear got to be so boring during the last 200 years. I often wondered.

One would think that you could concentrate on listening to a radio progam on a 200km drive without and intersection or traffic light and hardly a bend. Sadly not in a drought; so many animals come to the road for the miserable bit of feed along the edge and the dead ones on the road are as much of a hazard as the live ones ......... I nearly hit a wedge-tailed eagle that was feeding on a carcase and slow getting off the ground ......... I dodged the carcase and the eagle flew into my path ....... and there was a road train coming the other way ......... I didn't catch what they were talking about just then.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm listening now on a straight up Verizon cell phone tethered to my computer coming in on the following:

My IP Information:
ISP: Verizon Wireless
City: Candler
Region: North Carolina
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Perhaps there is a change comiing. It was purported that the black suit became popular because it portrayed trust and reliability, now with all that is coming out from the Commission into the Banking and Financial industry here, Men might avoid such garments ............ and go for brightly coloured skirts :)
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Hmm...link is now playing from normal connection. I've had times BBC stuff would not come through to the US. Oh well....

Went kilted to the annual Derby Brunch I attend. Got a 3rd "follower" who made a point of saying she likes it.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

no problem in France