Mark your calendars!!! March 10th

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Mark your calendars!!! March 10th

Post by Freedomforall »

Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mark your calendars!!! March 10th

Post by Sinned »

Well, 10th March this year is a Saturday and I'm on holiday that day. I wish I could say that I would be wearing a skirt all day but it all depends on whether MOH would fall in with the "official" Skirt Day theme. I will show her the site but she may just out and out reject it as would be her right. I hope she does accept because it would provide, for me, an ideal cause and she could always say that it was a national day, even if it wasn't a well-known one. I will try but I don't really anticipate any success. :(
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I sure hope it works. I don't share a lot about my past but my previous wife would not have tolerated even so much as a kilt. She would have publicly berated me in as many ways possible, in fact she did many times. I am fortunate now. My wife buys matching skirts and accepts me. I share this because I know both sides of the story. Hope you are doing well my friend.

DJ
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I don't need an official skirt day to be out in a skirt. Only the cold or the rain keeps me from skirting. If it draws men out of hiding then I support the idea of a skirt day. It is like the Celtic Fests in my region. Men could walk around in a kilt or a kilt look-alike. And maybe one or two might be converted.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

It won't make any difference to me but it certainly could help some men make that crucial start.
As for other days of the year; I am thankful that Skirt Day does not coincide with another DOY on the 22nd June, but on 5th August I can nonchalantly wear one of my micro skirts in public.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Least we not forget April 6th "National Tartan Day (in the USA)"
Another day to wear the skirt - ah er - a Scottish skirt - oops make that a kilt
Oh what the heck just wear the darn thing - nothing holding you back

A skirt can be worn any day of the year - some days are better than others
I guess that holidays sanctioned or self-made are better excuses

So OK I got March 10th on my calendar - I guess I'll sport me Irish St. Pat's gear a few days early
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I did tell her last night and she showed no interest in the site. But this morning I got a mocking, "Are you going to work in your skirt on Skirt Day?" I said, "It's a Saturday and I'm on holiday." No answer was the reply. See, I don't hold up any hope at all.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Sounds cool to me! I’ll be properly skirted that day!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have already marked my calender, but since I already wear skirts everyday it will just be another day for me.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I don't recall being confused by the distinction between skirts and dresses. :mrgreen:
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

It's this Saturday! And I'm taking the wife, grand niece and her mom into Boston to a show.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

With this kind of weather I skip skirt wearing. 10C (50F) is my cut off point for skirting outside. 20C (68F) is another cut off point for me. Then the long socks and jacket stay home.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

beachlion wrote:With this kind of weather I skip skirt wearing. 10C (50F) is my cut off point for skirting outside. 20C (68F) is another cut off point for me. Then the long socks and jacket stay home.
I skirt all the time no matter if the weather is a bit cool at 50F. I skirt at 20F when it is just down right COLD!! I seldom wear long socks and wear support hose only when needed.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
webboy42

Post by webboy42 »

I've given some thought to the idea of making this Saturday the first day I wear my skirt in the presence of my immediate family.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

webboy42 wrote:I've given some thought to the idea of making this Saturday the first day I wear my skirt in the presence of my immediate family.
Go for it!!! :cheers:

Fred