Mark your calendars!!! March 10th

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mark your calendars!!! March 10th

Post by Daryl »

I guess I'll have to wear pants that day because marking it by wearing a skirt is for me no change at all!

Oh who am I kidding, of course I will mark it by wearing a skirt.
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I would say go for it too. But I would have the Skirt Day page open so that you can show them that it really is Skirt Day. And if there are any objections challenge them to wear a skirt if they have the cojones that is. That way you are going on the offensive and putting the onus back on them. And you could always try the old childhood chant "Cowardy, cowardy custard." :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Post by Feeling freedom »

webboy42 wrote:I've given some thought to the idea of making this Saturday the first day I wear my skirt in the presence of my immediate family.
Good luck and be strong! Stay focused on reaching out for their love.
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Feeling freedom wrote:
webboy42 wrote:I've given some thought to the idea of making this Saturday the first day I wear my skirt in the presence of my immediate family.
Good luck and be strong! Stay focused on reaching out for their love.
How did it go?
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
webboy42

Post by webboy42 »

renesm1 wrote:How did it go?
No response that I was aware of from those who saw me, and an ambiguous response from my youngest brother who I told via SMS (his response could have been interpreted either positively or negatively). I wrote about it in the thread "Ordering My First Skirt" (viewtopic.php?f=67&t=19658&start=30#p181851).
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

In celebration of Skirt-Day
Wearing top-to-bottom
Neon Green sweat shirt
Green Plaid pleated all around mini-kilt
Kelly green tights
White sox
Black ankle boots with white interlaced lacing

Image:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I didn't get to wear a skirt at all on the 10th. My daughter is having some work done in her house. Knocking a wall out and putting a new kitchen in. There were some faults with the electrics caused by the cowboys that installed the previous kitchen. It has turned ( naturally ) into a bigger job than anticipated so unfortunately jeans were the order of the day.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Never mind, Dennis, you have plenty of skirty days. For me it was a totally skirty and untrousery day, at leisure in the morning, train to Glasgow in the afternoon for a choir rehearsal, late lunch and the cinema with Mrs SS. All most satisfactory.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Mar 10th. Saturday.

Drive Dublin, 35 mins. Meet up with fellow rowers in Dublin at 0800 hours, travel 3 hours to Enniskillen. 11AM to 12 Noon, assemble racing eights off the tow-trailer. Slip at 12.30 PM, five miles upstream to the Start. From 1PM, 90 crews pass starter at approx. 10 sec. intervals, (We start no. 34), row a timed 6,025 Km downstream to finish, Back to slip, dismantle boats, load them onto tow-trailer, shower, change, climb into cars and find a place for a quick meal, then motor 3 hours back to Boatclub in Dublin, then a further 40 mins. home, arriving 7.30PM. Result: Out of 11 Masters' eights we came 3rd. No pennant this year. No watching the Ireland Vs. Scotland Rugby either.

Crash out, Oblivion. Certainly no skirts!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Gosh, a 12 hour day out for a race lasting what, 20-30 minutes? Seems a bit disproportionate to me. I've had plenty of days out as long as that, or longer, but the main event is 7 or 8 hours on the hill. If the car journeys take as long as the walk, I wonder if it's worth it.

I hope you enjoyed the company for the 6 hours in the car. That could have been 6 hours of nice comfortable skirt-wearing! Do your rowing team know?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

It was a bit of a non-event for me; I wore a skirt as usual and saw no other men in one ....... as usual.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Horses for courses, Alastair. No, my rower friends aren't into skirting (that I know!) And I don't flaunt them in their company. Competitive rowing is by nature an intense cardio sport and 20 mins is about as much as one can endure at that pace. Later on at side-by-side racing we Masters row for just three-odd minutes sprinting flat out,(1Km) but can fly half-way round the World to do it.

The guy I spent a total of 6 hours cooped up in his car with him is a bean-counting high-flyer and his fancy Merc. practically drives itself. At age 68 he's still a formidable performer with an oar. With our M-way speed limits of 120Km/H (74Mph) a drive of 200miles takes time. Only in Germany may one actually use the performance available to get about quickly.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !