catwalk a/w18 male fashion

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

catwalk a/w18 male fashion

Post by Gusto10 »

Recently I have been browsing via vogue and looked at the pictures taken at the catwalk concerning male fashion voor a/w 2018. Also the blog newmalefashion shows items which are wearable. An example herewith. Even though not my favorite colours, but well balanced. Maybe, maybe another smaal step to general acceptance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: catwalk a/w18 male fashion

Post by Fred in Skirts »

But what is that parachute thing he is dragging behind him????? If the colors were different I might wear the dress and the vest but would not wear the thingy that he is dragging. Also the fabric looks scratchy to me something like burlap comes to mind. :-x
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Post by Wonderful Electric »

I love it! Really puzzling what that thing in the back is. I’d just take it off and wear the rest of it.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Fred in Skirts wrote:But what is that parachute thing he is dragging behind him????? :-x
Perhaps the designer's hobby is sky diving.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Loose the parachute and make the dress longer, to the floor with more flare, keep the top and I think we'd have a good look!

Even the parachute straps are a nice touch.... just loose the chute.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Even the parachute straps are a nice touch.... just loose the chute.
Pull the rip-cord, then. That'd loose the thing in a right quick hurry -- especially in any sort of wind (gotta catch the drogue first). ("Loose" in this sentence is being used as a verb.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:
moonshadow wrote:Even the parachute straps are a nice touch.... just loose the chute.
Pull the rip-cord, then. That'd loose the thing in a right quick hurry -- especially in any sort of wind (gotta catch the drogue first). ("Loose" in this sentence is being used as a verb.)
Dog gone it Carl.... I did it again! :lol:

I'll program that error out of my brain some day... :alien:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Moon/Carl, in the course of my readings on this site I see many grammar/spelling errors. We all make them whether through typing too fast, or in a hurry, or inattention or just ignorance. Look at the number of times I have had to edit a post because of one of the above reasons. But I don't draw attention to them as long as the general meaning comes through. Carl I wouldn't have pointed out the use of the "loose" as opposed to "lose" because I couldn't be sure that, knowing Moon a bit, which he really meant to use. Besides that I try not to be pedantic and let the threads flow.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote:Carl I wouldn't have pointed out the use of the "loose" as opposed to "lose" because I couldn't be sure that, knowing Moon a bit, which he really meant to use.
This one is actually a bit of a standing joke between the two of us and I pointed it out almost entirely out of jest simply for the visual of the parachute opening behind the model with the ungainly rear-facing extra bag of fabric. No harm nor offence was intended -- just a playful jab.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Yes it's quite alright, Carl sometimes razzes me about my grammar. :P 8)

Truth be known, I do aim to improve my writing so constructive criticism is usually appreciated (provided the one doing the criticizing doesn't dwell on it constantly... which Carl doesn't.)

Actually, I know my issue with "lose", it's an odd word. It's pronounced the in the same manner as "choose" with the extra "o". My brain naturally wants to assign the extra "o" in the word.

I actually spent a bit of time thinking about this word today, and thinking of possible alternatives to make the word less confusing (as though I have the authority to alter the English language... :!: :lol: ). I admit, it's a tough word because there really isn't a lot you can do with it without conflicting with the word "loose". The closest thing I could come up with that didn't conflict with a different word was possibly "luze", as in "Ted Cruze", but that just looks tacky.

Of course perhaps "luse"? After all, many documents written around the time the U.S. was founded spelled "choose" as "chuse".

Another possibility is to alter the word "loose" with a "u" and a "c" (luce), as in "truce". That would free up "lose" to carry it's extra "o".

Oh well... just kicking the can around!

PS I'm getting better... remember when I used to buy my clothes from the other side of the isle?

Thank God I don't do that anymore... what do you take me for, some kind of isle-crosser-dresser? :lol: I don't even live on an island!
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Actually, I know my issue with "lose", it's an odd word. It's pronounced the in the same manner as "choose" with the extra "o". My brain naturally wants to assign the extra "o" in the word.
It could be worse. We could be talking about loos. [0] :hide:

[0] Well, wasn't that a crappy pun.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

crfriend wrote:<snip>

:mrgreen: :rofl: :mrgreen:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

I'd likely wear the outfit, change out the shoes and possibly the legwear. And certainly lose whatever that is on his back.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

crfriend wrote:
moonshadow wrote:Actually, I know my issue with "lose", it's an odd word. It's pronounced the in the same manner as "choose" with the extra "o". My brain naturally wants to assign the extra "o" in the word.

Adolf Loos isn't that bad on design commentary.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The designers always have to be sensationalists. Remember the year when they were all walking around with planks of wood around their heads and so on?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.