NYPost: Another Article about Mens Skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: NYPost: Another Article about Mens Skirts

Post by r.m.anderson »

Moon:

Dat bike and dat pickem-up truck seem to be an oxymoron of sorts.

Must be getting ready for some serious skirted bicycle riding with dat girly bike.
And fenders; chain guard; luggage rack and a suitable seat that doesn't bifurcate the body into two parts.
The best part no maes bends handle bars and the kick stand so you don't have to bend over to pick the bike up to ride !

You all be careful ya hear and take care of all that bright chrome and painted metal.

About the earrings - had both of mine done in '81
Rule of thumb at that time Left Ear - Straight = Right Ear - Gay = Both ears must be some goofy Bi-sexual thing. LOL !
Confounded my employer - tried to fire me - but union saved my rear end.
In '95 had a second set of holes - wore studs over hoops - but by that time it was getting fairly normal for men to have earring(s) singular.

The initial pin prick installation of the starter studs is a mild encounter - the after care is very important otherwise the initial piercing may have
to be done again with a better sterile hygienic application. Happened to me - having to drench the back of the piercing with a sterile solution.

Escalating the issue of whether my sexual preference is one or the other -
I subscribe to wearing earrings with any male application and when wearing kilts skirts skorts or the alike no jewelry.

However at this point in life wearing skirts and kilts almost daily - the earrings have become passé and I have moved on.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Recently MOH has been buying me earrings and I now have loads of thems hence why I can change them every three or four days. Most are novelty ones but I don't mind. Rainbows, yep, stars, yep, moons, yep. I don't care. Everyone thnks I'm strange anyway, so I may as well confirm it. :twisted:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I’ve been wearing earrings of late as well, but clip-ons as I’m not much for getting my ears pierced and everything that goes along with that. Besides, lots of nice clip-on styles can be found online ne and in department stores, so that’s not a problem.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I have 3 holes in each ear lobe. I currently have 3 graduated silver ball studs in each ear. I love them.

Jeff, the piercing routine isn't bad at all. Just go to a knowledgeable piercer. Do not go to a mall or jewelry store to have them done. And don't have more than one hole done at a time per ear lobe. Wait a good six months to heal then do another set.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I can't seem to gel with clip-ons - I stopped trying them as I always kept losing one or both. Even the ones that used a magnet to keep them in place.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote:I can't seem to gel with clip-ons - I stopped trying them as I always kept losing one or both. Even the ones that used a magnet to keep them in place.
Do not move - be very still - any sudden movement and the gol darn things have a wanderlust of their own detaching from the ear lobe.
Never could understand how women could keep the darn things on. Then the piercing rage and there was no way shaking them loose.
Only a defective clutch back would cause the loss.
The worst part about losing one or both was if they were of considerable value irreplaceable heirlooms etc. You really wanted a solid anchor welded
to the ear lobe. I remember having to take apart the bathroom sink many times to fetch out an errant precious earring.
Simply deploy the drain stopper plug and voila no more problem - but if you don't and you lose one don't flush or use the sink until recovery.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Gordon wrote:I have 3 holes in each ear lobe. I currently have 3 graduated silver ball studs in each ear. I love them.

Jeff, the piercing routine isn't bad at all. Just go to a knowledgeable piercer. Do not go to a mall or jewelry store to have them done. And don't have more than one hole done at a time per ear lobe. Wait a good six months to heal then do another set.
Or get hammered, clean the site with whatever yer drinking, then let yer equally hammered buddy poke something sharp like a sewing needle through and quickly insert a gold keeper or something. Sterilise the needle in a flame first, of course. Also, it helps if your buddy is a girl. They seem more willing for this kind of thing, and it costs less to get them drunk.

THEN you go through the inevitable infections and take it like a man and pretty soon you have earring holes that stay open long enough to change earrings every so often.

Only then do you look in the mirror to see if your left and right piercings are in roughly the same part of each ear. If not, wear larger earrings to obscure that fact or let one of the holes close up and buy another 26er of vodka...

Like circumcisions, piercings are supposed to be painful. This is how you know you're alive.
Daryl...
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

I've heard the better place to get pierced are tattoo parlors. By their very nature, they're rather experienced in safely poking people with a needle.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

kingfish wrote:I've heard the better place to get pierced are tattoo parlors. By their very nature, they're rather experienced in safely poking people with a needle.
When you get pierced at an earring shop, they generally use a special gun. One claw holds the face of a special earring that has a pointed shaft with a recess that runs around near the end. The other claw holds a spring clip. When the operator pulls the trigger, the gun runs the pointed shaft through the ear, the spring clip takes hold, and there you are. You clean the area with anteseptic at least once a day and only remove the earring after 6-8 weeks, by which time skin will have lined the inside of the hole.

The problem I had from this was swelling. My ear swelled up but the spring clip wouldn't budge and the resulting pressure was quite painful. And if you take the earring out, it has to stay out, otherwise you risk invention and/or keloids (which are hard, cartilage-like scar tissue that projects around the hole).

But a good piercer at a good tattoo shop doesn't use a gun. Instead, he pierces the ear with a straight needle that's pointed at one end and flat or recessed at the other. First the piercer runs the pointed end through, then he holds the earring against the flat or recessed end, and then he runs the rest of the needle and the earring together through the hole.

The advantage for me was that my new earrings didn't have immovable snap clips holding them on. I could start out with true rings or a stud with as long a shaft as I felt I needed. I still got the swelling but not the pain.

Of course there are good and bad tattoo shops and good and bad piercers. Ask around and check online ratings to find the good ones, and then talk to the piercer before getting the work done. Ask about their experience and be alert for any sort of alcholol- or drug-induced impairment. Check the cleanliness of their work area and ask how they sterilize the needle and earring before putting them in.

New earrings should be surgical stainless steel, niobium, or gold, all of which have less risk of allergic reaction than most other materials. Brass and silver in particular tend to be troublesome.

Recovery is the same, sterilize at least once a day and don't remove for 6-8 weeks. If you only get one side done, try to sleep on the other.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I actually did my own with a needle and a set of MOH's gold studs. I don't really know why but maybe an instinctive notion that MOH wouldn't have been able to do it. I think that although it was something I had been thinking of getting done for a while the event itself was just spur of the moment. I can't remember how I got the shaft in after piercing with the needle but logically I think I would have pierced from the back of the lobe and inserted the shaft of the earring from the front as I withdrew the needle. I think that the main problem and thing that took the time was trying to make sure that the hole was central and I'm not sure I completely succeeded. One side was easier than the other because I am blind in one eye. Did it hurt? Probably, but some kinds of pain I can tolerate. Did I have any problems? Not really, some slight swelling, a bit of weeping for a while that I cleared with antiseptic cream. Otherwise good.