New ABC television show Grown ish with a MUG appearance

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

New ABC television show Grown ish with a MUG appearance

Post by Wonderful Electric »

With some serious Jaden Smith vibes, there was a short appearance of a man in a MUG in the first episode of the new ABC show “Grown ish.” It is a spin-off of ABC television show Black ish, featuring the eldest daughter of a black family going to college. I think a lot of us are old enough to remember Cosby and A Different World.

You can watch Grown ish online for free without a sign in on the freeform network (app or web). The appearance is around the 7:40 mark.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New ABC television show Grown ish with a MUG appearance

Post by moonshadow »

"Grownish".... hey a show about me! :mrgreen:

Seriously though, the skirts look more like a hoodie wrapped around the waist, especially considering the jeans they're wearing underneath.

Still yet, it fired up a memory of mine, riding my bicycle in my late 20s through the town of Pulaski on chilly spring morning. I had gotten hot and took my hoodie off and tied it around my waist. As the back side of the hoodie blew in the wind, I could see the shadow of myself (a "Moon shadow" heh...) and the shadow cast of the hoodie looked like the outline of a A line skirt. I thought that was a cool look for me, and remember thinking... "if only guys were allowed to wear these things"....

If only I knew then what I realized NOW! :D 8)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Re: New ABC television show Grown ish with a MUG appearance

Post by Wonderful Electric »

I don’t have broad shoulders but they are larger than my hips. I do admire the proportionate silhouette that women have. A common trend I’ve noticed is that our interest in wearing skirts starts at a young age. There was a thread about that a long time ago.