Dress codes

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Dress codes

Post by rivegauche »

I have just written to my MP asking him to intervene in the Gender Recognition Act to require companies and schools to have gender neutral dress codes. This will enable men to wear whatever a woman doing an equivalent job would be wearing. And a boy in school would not have to declare himself trans to wear a skirt. Others could ask their MP to do the same.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Dress codes

Post by Gordon »

MP?
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Gordon wrote:MP?
Member of Parliament (UK). The Gender Recognition Act 2004 is supposed to be being reformed.
https://thedebrief.co.uk/news/politics/ ... ransexual/
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

In THEORY, the U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits any type of discrimination based on sex in employment, etc. The previous administration viewed this prohibition at face value, to mean quite straight forwardly that to require men or women to adhere to social gender roles constituted sex discrimination. And, it basically is, as I have argued over and over again at my place of employment, "to say that I can't do something simply on the basis that God gave me a penis is the very definition of sex discrimination!"

However the current administration just out right doesn't see it that way, and now that our Supreme Court leans conservative, I'm sure they will side with the traditional view that men don't belong in skirts. It works for women, just not for men. Unless we're talking about women topless, then the courts say discrimination is legal.... gheesh...

Just callz it as I seez it....

So we already have proper legislation in place for this, but those who enforce the law just plainly ignore it. Oh well *shrugs*... what are ya gonna do? To hell with them anyway, they're not my rulers.

Still, I'm starting to think that many conservatives would have an easier time accepting men in skirts if they'd stop calling themselves women and just said they were "a man in a skirt" and left it at that. Traditionalist may not personally agree with my choice in style, however most I've spoken with about it at least acknowledge my right to do so. However they just can't wrap their mind around the trans thing. For instance, if I started calling myself a woman, they'd think I was crazy and in need of professional help. I know some here would agree or disagree with this, but it doesn't matter, this sentiment swings elections here stateside and ultimately decides our laws- and that's just the way it is. Trans people must be willing to compromise too! What we have here are two groups who want it all their way and neither are willing to compromise and inch. Times will continue to be trying for everybody so long as people are not willing to discuss and compromise.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

moonshadow wrote:In THEORY, the U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits any type of discrimination based on sex in employment, etc. The previous administration viewed this prohibition at face value, to mean quite straight forwardly that to require men or women to adhere to social gender roles constituted sex discrimination. And, it basically is, as I have argued over and over again at my place of employment, "to say that I can't do something simply on the basis that God gave me a penis is the very definition of sex discrimination!"

However the current administration just out right doesn't see it that way, and now that our Supreme Court leans conservative, I'm sure they will side with the traditional view that men don't belong in skirts. It works for women, just not for men. Unless we're talking about women topless, then the courts say discrimination is legal.... gheesh...

Just callz it as I seez it....

So we already have proper legislation in place for this, but those who enforce the law just plainly ignore it. Oh well *shrugs*... what are ya gonna do? To hell with them anyway, they're not my rulers.

Still, I'm starting to think that many conservatives would have an easier time accepting men in skirts if they'd stop calling themselves women and just said they were "a man in a skirt" and left it at that. Traditionalist may not personally agree with my choice in style, however most I've spoken with about it at least acknowledge my right to do so. However they just can't wrap their mind around the trans thing. For instance, if I started calling myself a woman, they'd think I was crazy and in need of professional help. I know some here would agree or disagree with this, but it doesn't matter, this sentiment swings elections here stateside and ultimately decides our laws- and that's just the way it is. Trans people must be willing to compromise too! What we have here are two groups who want it all their way and neither are willing to compromise and inch. Times will continue to be trying for everybody so long as people are not willing to discuss and compromise.

A true conservative would/ought to know that skirts are men's attire by origin.
I guess that the biggest problem we are encountering now is the "hype" approach. BLTG's are a hype at present, but as the US government is now discriminating again, even though the Surprime Court pointed a verdict in April last that discrimination is no-go, every thing other than jeans and t-shirts and dark blue suits will be considered deviant.