Soon in this theater ????

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Soon in this theater ????

Post by beachlion »

All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Soon in this theater ????

Post by moonshadow »

Oh my god...

And so it came to pass.... I'm feeling quite happy about my American citizenship now.

Women have to have a permit to wear trousers?

The morality police?

Really?

God.. get down here and set this right... Hello? God? *knock knock knock*
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:God.. get down here and set this right... Hello? God? *knock knock knock*
Appalachia, we have a problem: "Whose god?"
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:
moonshadow wrote:God.. get down here and set this right... Hello? God? *knock knock knock*
Appalachia, we have a problem: "Whose god?"
At this point which ever one actually answers the call! :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:At this point which ever one actually answers the call! :lol:
This was dealt with quite effectively in a short story by A. Bertram Chandler in the Commodore Grimes series. The name of the story escapes me at the moment, and I don't feel like excavating the garage to find the book, but the gist of it was, "They tried to summon the god of their fathers, and got the father of the gods." (The planet where that happened was since declared off-limits to humans.)

I'll see if I can call up the name of the story, but if Chandler's work is available on-line the name of the story, I believe, is evocative.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
stevelous

Post by stevelous »

Sadly women in rural India and in urban areas are seen as children unable to do anything without the permission of their father/ husband. Honour killings make the news on occasion when it is high profile, just the tip of the iceberg me thinks.

Even in the UK we hear of arranged marriage, but sometimes a couple 'defy their parents wishes for love reasons. Claims of shame being brought onethe family all to often there is murder in the form of 'HONOUR' killing. My question is who's honour is restored by cold blooded murder.

We are supposed to be a multi racial, multi faith community here but it can be difficult to integrate with others and that applies with friendships between all racial and faith groups. I do, however thank my God that I am always prepaired to learn from others and have had/have friends from other groups.

I am also glad of my British citizenship along with my Irish citizenship (duel ).