I think the fashion press are starting to cotton on!

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

I think the fashion press are starting to cotton on!

Post by renesm1 »

I stumbled across this article and wasn't going to share until I came to item number 10.

The article is about gender-neutral clothes that women can share with their man. I steeled myself to be somewhat disappointed with yet another article for jumpers and skinny jeans, until I saw item 10.

Yes women, Vogue will allow you to share your skirt with your significant masculine half now!!!!

https://www.vogue.in/content/12-gender- ... rt-miu-miu
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I think the fashion press are starting to cotton on!

Post by Sinned »

I started to read the text to MOH and didn't get beyond sentence 2 before she started the ridicule. None of the other items were a surprise as they have been fairly common to both sexes for a long while. So it was a bit of a non-article really up to, as you said, for number 10. It's not so much the article itself, such as a cardigan, or button through top, it's how it's coloured, cut, fringed, patterned or styled that markets it for a man or woman. Whilst there may just be a fine line in all this it's a line that's getting more virtual by the year.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Post by Wonderful Electric »

That’s a great looking skirt they had there.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

The fashion industry clearly want to sell skirts to men.

Now we just need men to buy them.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

I think getting more pics of men in skirts out there will make it more commonplace. "Patagoniakid" haa quite a few pics that can be easily found on a Google search. Pics hidden away in a forum won't help, once people hetaccustomed to the image, it's not jarring, and eventually just makes sense. Then guus will learn how to accessorize their skirts, like we did, what tights and heels go with what, dressy, casual etc. At the moment, all they have apart from kilts is the far out catwalk image to refer to :roll:

Someone smartly dressed like Mark, Jeff, Skirtyscot or Oldsalt shoild take charge of that :wink:
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Why, thank you kilty, you're too kind! I'm sure an aficionado of the pencil skirt, such as your good self, would also be a fine addition to Google Images.

I bet that even those of us who are careful to put our pictures in the Ungooglable parts of this site are out there somewhere on the Web. Scrolling down a collection of photos which someone linked to recently, I spotted the glamorous line-up from Stirling a few years back: Stevie, Big and Bashful, cessna152towser, velotron and me. That's the only one of me that I have ever found, though there must be more.

But maybe you're right; perhaps I should claim my true status as a leader among men, and get my skirted backside onto the Internet.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Thanks Kitty I appreciate the mention. It was kind of a shock to hear a stranger give me a "nice skirt" I thought that pics and looks was just limited to members of the cafe. What is the story about people being able to take photos of the cafe :?: :?:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:Thanks Kitty I appreciate the mention. It was kind of a shock to hear a stranger give me a "nice skirt" I thought that pics and looks was just limited to members of the cafe. What is the story about people being able to take photos of the cafe :?: :?:
"Personal Stories" and "Pics and Looks" are very tightly controlled to keep search-engines, miscreants, and the overly-nosy out of things that we might deem "sensitive". Everything else is open.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!