International Men's Day

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

International Men's Day

Post by Sinned »

Apparently 8th March is International Women's Day and the corresponding International Men's Day is November 19th. Admittedly it comes from an article in the Red Top Sun newspaper. But why not and as it's a Sunday this year it might be an idea to adopt this. Can any others confirm this and what are your thoughts.

On another thought I cam across a TV advert about cancer awareness with the slogan A Dad with Cancer is still a Dad. I thought of amending this to A Man in a Skirt { Dress } is Still a Man. Perhaps we could promote this as well.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Re: International Men's Day

Post by greenboots »

MOH says she is worried about what she calls my “skirt wearing business” because she doesn’t want to lose her manly man. Maybe I’ll try your slogan on her.

I’ve also pointed out that the business is clearly unsuccessful as I’ve not made any money yet :D
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sinned wrote:Apparently 8th March is International Women's Day and the corresponding International Men's Day is November 19th. Admittedly it comes from an article in the Red Top Sun newspaper. But why not and as it's a Sunday this year it might be an idea to adopt this. Can any others confirm this and what are your thoughts...
Well, June 30 is halfway between...
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

.... and the 6th September is 182 days after the 8th March so surely IMD should be about then - a half year after IWD.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Why not October 4th, it seems quite fitting to me. :wink:
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Any dates except for October 31 (Halloween) and the day before Ash Wednesday (Mardi Gras)
when the clothing rule book is tossed asunder - the way of the wind !
Actually a week or two before these days leading up to assumption of practice trial drill for the events
would best be avoided !

Having a distinctive noteworthy fixed date would be a declaration of skirted independence !
A definite colorful day sans fireworks - it is not quite that type of recognition.
Recognition by civic leaders would be great.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

What's special about October 4th :?:
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Probably his birthday Sinned.......
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Everyday is a good day to wear a skirt!

:kiltdance:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

Sinned wrote:What's special about October 4th :?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Animal_Day

We may lift on the female sentiments on that day. :wink:
Last edited by beachlion on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I refrained from commenting on this partly because much of the discussion here has been tongue-in-cheek and partly because I had to sort through my own feelings before I could give a clear answer.

The reason we don't have an International Men's Day is the same reason we don't set aside a period of time in the US to celebrate "White History Month". By default, all of our applause and historical studies and attention go to the accomplishments of (white) men; you could plausibly argue that *every* day/week/month is a celebration of white history or men's history. So we make a big deal about specifically honoring people whose accomplishments often get overlooked.

So yeah, I have no problem with taking myself off the pedestal once in a while to let someone else get the spotlight. At least until the folks who come up with special holidays finally see reason and announce International Ralph Day. "You like me! You really like me!"
Ralph!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ralph wrote:International Ralph Day.
What are you talkin' about?? Every day is "Moon Shadow Day"! :lol:

:flower: :flower: :flower:

:thewave:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:
Ralph wrote:International Ralph Day.
What are you talkin' about?? Every day is "Moon Shadow Day"! :lol:

:flower: :flower: :flower:

:thewave:
Everyday that goes by is "Fred's Day" :thumright:
:hooray: :hooray: :kiltdance: :kiltdance: :rofl:

:troll:
:woops:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

I personally don't like the system of specific days to pay attention to specific persons or institutes. If it is worth to pay attention on a specific day, it should be worth paying attention year around. A day like Mothers Day or World Animal Day suggests that people are not paying enough attention to those entities on other days. It even may suggest you can make it up on those days for the lack of attention during the rest of the year. But as long as the commercial world gets money out of it, they will promote it with vigor.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

beachlion wrote:I personally don't like the system of specific days to pay attention to specific persons or institutes. If it is worth to pay attention on a specific day, it should be worth paying attention year around. A day like Mothers Day or World Animal Day suggests that people are not paying enough attention to those entities on other days. It even may suggest you can make it up on those days for the lack of attention during the rest of the year. But as long as the commercial world gets money out of it, they will promote it with vigor.
What about birthdays, then?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron