No more boys andgirls

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Re: No more boys andgirls

Post by pleated »

Pity about the title, but the program was quite good, and I think it is best to watch it before coming to any conclusions.

Episode 1 is on youtube at-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PyQS94Pfa8
(Best not to read the comments, but if you do feel the need to read them it would be best to watch the program first.)

Unfortunately I can't find episode 2 on youtube.
stevelous

Re: No more boys andgirls

Post by stevelous »

Saw both episodes on bbc player, very interesting in the way that boys could only express anger as their main emotion, while the girls could express the whole range.

The adult's attitude towards the kids calling the girls 'love' and the boys 'mate' was and is wrong. Children have names and it is those names the children should be called. Even the segment where the two babies were dressed in the opposite sexes clothes showed how we as adults reinforce that girls play with soft toys, dolls and 'pink' things while boys have cars and 'blue' things. When confronted with the truth it took time for the penny to drop.

At the end the results were encouraging for the future of the human species, boys were more able to express themselves and the girls became more able to put themselves forward.

Mind the comments on youtube show that some people will never get that boy or girl, male or female, masculine or feminine we are essentially the same but with different bits and bobs on the outside.

For me I try to be me, whatever I feel on the day is how I am and no amount of social pressure will change that.