Guy in Valdosta

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
VoxClamantis

Re: Guy in Valdosta

Post by VoxClamantis »

oldsalt1 wrote:I don't like to stir up old problems but I must say that I take great umbrage to your comments to sinned. To be blunt who asked you for your comments in the first place.

You came on the café as an all knowing individual whose opinions are beyond reproach and you are unwilling to hear much less accept any comments or criticism from the apparently fashion ignorant individuals that inhabit this café.

Its regretful that we all don't have your superior education and we are only able to return poorly delivered responses.

But I would prefer to listen to the comments from the longstanding members of the café that have to hear the ramblings of some egocentric newbie

Just exercising my First Amendment rights.
Tarde much? That part of the thread is beyond dead so kindly affix your puckered lips to alternate sides of my skirted buttocks.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

oldsalt1 wrote:I don't like to stir up old problems but I must say that...

... and of course you go on to do it anyway. Why are you trying to re-ignite an old flame war? Give it a rest.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

The local VA hospital and clinics asks for two sets of numbers to identify patients:
last 4 of social security number and date of birth.

After giving them my last 4 - they asked for the date of birth. I replied, it was on
a Monday, October 3rd in 1949.

Nobody had taken the time to look up which day of the week they had been born on
before and all they could respond was, "I'll take your word for it that it was a Monday."

Somehow, I derive great pleasure in making people stop and think like. "How did he
figure that out?"

But yes, dates are really weird and can cause difficulty when driving in a foreign country
and trying to give proof of insurance in the event of an accident.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

This thread is a sequence of posts and I would like to thank OS for his comments which sum things up nicely. We do sometimes refer back to parts of a thread that have passed their sell by date but I am amused at VC's rather base comment concerning lips and *rse which really indicated the nature of his mind. I sometimes wonder how educated he really is.

And SS you do admit that it was a bit of a flame war then? I didn't see it that way as being one of the ones involved.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

oldsalt1 wrote:Its regretful that we all don't have your superior education and we are only able to return poorly delivered responses.
Don't worry oldsalt, if a superior education does that to people then you are lucky if you don't have one. I enjoy and respect your comments, and, particularly on this occasion, I think you were spot on.

Sinned wrote:This thread is a sequence of posts and I would like to thank OS for his comments which sum things up nicely. We do sometimes refer back to parts of a thread that have passed their sell by date but I am amused at VC's rather base comment concerning lips and *rse which really indicated the nature of his mind. I sometimes wonder how educated he really is.

And SS you do admit that it was a bit of a flame war then? I didn't see it that way as being one of the ones involved.
I'm glad you were 'amused' ;-) by such baseness Sinned as my take is that is was a crass and puerile attempt to bully and humiliate a well respected long standing member of this forum. Neither do I observe this as only occurrence, and that relates to other respected members too. This person is not a welcome addition to this forum in my book.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thanks SD, I have very mixed feelings about VC. He can come out with some very good posts and then spoils it all. He doesn't seem to take criticism as well as most of us here ( there are others that have flounced off in a huff so he's not the only one ) and I think his ego just gets in the way. But hey, that's just my opinion and thanks for sticking up for OS as I thought that he was correct also and I was one involved in the fracas. Stay or not things may get interesting.

SD my feelings about your attire verge on the very green. :mrgreen: What you wear is so off-the-wall yet you can get away with it. I like short and feminine but ( and I know that you say go for it ) I just wouldn't be able to wear what you do.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned, SkirtsDad, Oldsalt, skirtyscot While I try not to get overly upset about things said here that I don't agree with (everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it even if I don't agree with it) I hate to see someone who has to try to bully their opinions on the rest of us. I do get a bit upset when that happens and I don't often get involved when it becomes over the top. But today I am going to add my $.02 worth to this conversation.

VC has had some very good ideas BUT he has a tenancy to to push them as a fact of life on the rest of us and he has a very big ego to think he knows it all just because he has a degree in something or other. I have a degree too and it comes with a few letters to add to my name, BSA [0] I never finished high school until I received my GED from the Air Force. But I became a Nuclear Reactor Operator with all of the education that was needed by applying myself and learning the technology needed to do the job. I know that is a scary thought Fred running a large device with the power to eradicate the local piece of the planet.

I do not foster a belief that all men should have to wear a certain type of skirt made from a certain type of material. I believe that all men should wear skirts or dresses, but I believe they should be able to wear any type of skirt or dress that they want and anywhere they want. Made from any material they like, be it denim, wool or nylon, it make no difference.

I do not believe any of you have been too hard on him at all. He has brought much of this upon himself. It take all kinds to make a family and we are family.

Keep on skirting!!!

Fred

[0] BSA = Bull Sh*t Artist :rofl: :hmmm:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

From your opening sentence, Fred, I thought that you were going to castigate us. But your post brought a smile and confirmed my good opinion of you. I wear skirts when I can and have been accused of being too soft with MOH and should stand up for my rights as a man. But you aren't here as I am not where you are so how can we tell what we would do in a similar situation. So, good post, Fred. :D
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

VoxClamantis wrote:Anyway, Stephen Hawking in his earlier work, A Brief History of Time, denied deity interplay, but his revised edition, A Briefer History of Time, walks that back a bit. There he says that he is convinced that the bang could not have escaped its own forces and he believes it had to be initiated by a deity. But Hawking goes on to view any such deity as a watchmaker who sets things in motion and then observes without interacting. It's definitely a good read and not impossibly dense.
I'm glad you brought that up. I too seem to recall reading in "A Brief(er) History of Time" where Hawking acknowledges the possibility of a deity regarding the genesis of the universe. However that was a library book, when I purchased my own copy several years later I read and read and couldn't find where he said that, to the point where I started to wonder if I imagined the whole thing about what he wrote.

Now it makes sense, it was in a "revised" edition. The copy I purchased was second hand from Amazon. It must have been the original.

Okay... so I'm not loosing my mind after all!

Anyway, regarding the big bang deity. I can respect that notion. It is, in all fairness a mystery of the universe we may never unravel, and thus perhaps in the realm of "God", at least that's where I've placed it. After all, how can we measure the nature of the universe in a void of space, time, and matter? Contemplating the infinite is a fascinating practice!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Fred in Skirts wrote:I have a degree too and it comes with a few letters to add to my name, BSA [0] I never finished high school until I received my GED from the Air Force. But I became a Nuclear Reactor Operator with all of the education that was needed by applying myself and learning the technology needed to do the job. I know that is a scary thought Fred running a large device with the power to eradicate the local piece of the planet.
Fred, you're a regular Homer Simpson you are...! :lol: 8) :rofl:
(With your nuclear reactor and your dresses!) :D

-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:
Fred in Skirts wrote:I have a degree too and it comes with a few letters to add to my name, BSA [0] I never finished high school until I received my GED from the Air Force. But I became a Nuclear Reactor Operator with all of the education that was needed by applying myself and learning the technology needed to do the job. I know that is a scary thought Fred running a large device with the power to eradicate the local piece of the planet.
Fred, you're a regular Homer Simpson you are...! :lol: 8) :rofl:
(With your nuclear reactor and your dresses!) :D

Thank you for the good words....DOH!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Actually, I have to put in a plug for YYYYMMDD-00:00:00.00 in Coordinated Universal Time...or being a cranky old guy, Greenwich Mean Time.

I played with an old IBM 1401 SPS machine, but worked with S/360 DOS.

I started out liking skirts, now I like a dress here and there....too girly? Give me time, it'll grow on me. :D
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

If this is the same guy, his story has come
valdosta.JPG
http://www.wlox.com/story/37598202/shel ... -alabaster

to a sad end. :blue: :blue: :blue:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It's the same guy. I wonder if the whole story will ever be told.

Recall that he is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. However, I suspect the verdict of public opinion is already in.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

crfriend wrote:It's the same guy. I wonder if the whole story will ever be told.

Recall that he is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. However, I suspect the verdict of public opinion is already in.
Agreed, however, not so easy to imagine when one of the three charges is a SORNA violation. Whichever the outcome, it must surely be damaging to our skirt wearing community.