Found this cartoon

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Found this cartoon

Post by renesm1 »

Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Found this cartoon

Post by partlyscot »

Link to original, not that annoying pinterest.

https://tapas.io/episode/700492
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Art imitates life which imitates art ....
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

From the cartoon wrote:Can't stop me now!
Oh yes "they" can! :roll:

(YOU'RE FIRED!)

This practice only works in the more progressive European nations and in certain U.S. states.

Women can choose... southern men can not. And that's not going to change for a loooooooong time... if ever...

Stop teasing.... :|
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

The skirt thing, I believe, works if it is used as leverage against the No Shorts Rule.

Works because: 1. Unlike skirts, shorts have been socially acceptable (at least in informal situations) for men. 2. Summer heat/feeling hot is a problem that people in general can relate to. 3. Recognition that the No Shorts Rule is dumb.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Grok wrote:The skirt thing, I believe, works if it is used as leverage against the No Shorts Rule.

Works because: 1. Unlike skirts, shorts have been socially acceptable (at least in informal situations) for men. 2. Summer heat/feeling hot is a problem that people in general can relate to. 3. Recognition that the No Shorts Rule is dumb.
Well, I personally think shorts look ridiculous.. That's one reason I never wore them much prior to my wearing of skirts.

Regarding the summer heat, it's ironic that in the U.S. south, an area of the globe where raw temps and humidity can make days quite miserable, you'd think there would be a little compassion towards men, however this is not so, and I hypothesize it is for two reasons:

1) Southern taskmasters/businessmen put "image" above all else... What would the papers read if XYZ INC allowed their men to wear skirts on hot days??

2) Southern taskmasters/businessmen still view their workers as "their people" [0], meaning, that while legally we are not slaves, for all intents and purposes... we are. Thus WE WILL wear what we're told!

Southern laborers are nothing but cheap commodities and nothing more, and by the way, that sentiment crosses ALL races...

Regarding the "no shorts" rule being dumb... I'm going to have to side with the industry on this one. Shorts are very informal, like ball caps, and really have no place, in my opinion in an office setting, that goes for men and women alike... HOWEVER: If men would let go of their conditioned machoism and brainwashed belief of what "offends God", then I do believe that skirts and dresses would be just as acceptable on a man, as they are on women in the office.

I know that most of my wardrobe isn't office appropriate for men or women, however as Carls, Jeff's, and OldSalt's threads clearly illustrate, a man can look VERY professional and still be in an unbifurcated garment.

[0] For a first hand look at how capitalism works in the south, watch the 70's documentary "Harlan County USA". The mentality of Duke Power in those days is alive and well today in most of my regions major business establishments.

Full Movie (note, this may be taken down eventually as you know how that goes....)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.