Union Could Advise Members to Wear Skirts Dresses

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Union Could Advise Members to Wear Skirts Dresses

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

A similar situation to Devon school boys. Male worker now on discipline charge for rolling up trouser legs.

Again threat of skirts and dresses is being used as a leverage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be ... s-40379293
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Union Could Advise Members to Wear Skirts Dresses

Post by moonshadow »

But once again, the skirt/dress is just being used as a tool to get the men back into short pants or to at least roll up their long ones. Once the permission to do such is granted, the skirts and dresses will be in the thrift store heap.

It's the shock value of a man wearing a dress... because "it's for a giiirrrllll" (eeewwww right??)

"Oh God, lets let these men wear their shorts so we won't have to look at this unsightly spectacle any longer.... " :|

I'm waiting on someone to walk to me one day and ask if I was sent home from work for wearing shorts as my reason for the dress....

Personally I think men's shorts look completely ridiculous, the way they hang two inches below the knee. A few years ago, I tried on a pair of shorts for the first time since childhood (I used to wear nothing but trousers... NEVER anything that showed any leg), I generally wasn't impressed with the look, two weeks later my Macabi showed up in the mail, and the rest is history...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:"Oh God, lets let these men wear their shorts so we won't have to look at this unsightly spectacle any longer.... " :|
It's only "ugly" if the practitioner does a bad job with putting the ensemble together. If onlookers don't like it, then that's their problem -- so long as they remain customers/clients.
I'm waiting on someone to walk to me one day and ask if I was sent home from work for wearing shorts as my reason for the dress....
To which, the only reasonable answer would be, "No, I'm wearing this because I like it."
Personally I think men's shorts look completely ridiculous, the way they hang two inches below the knee.
Some of them could be viewed as "gateway garments"; they're long enough, and wide enough, in the leg that when not in motion they're remarkably skirt-like and only need to have the inseam removed -- but that would turn them into skirts...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

It seems that wearing "appropriate" uniform means males are supposed to bake during hot weather. :evil:

The same asinine rule in these sort of threads. T
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It was said in another thread that the guardians of the antiquated rules hibernate in nice, comfy air-conditioned offices ( and probably haven't been near a the hospital floor in 50 years. ) Bah, humbug to the lot of them.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.