men in skirts in India

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Jim2
Distinguished Member

men in skirts in India

Post by Jim2 »

I just found out about this article.
http://www.india.com/buzz/delhi-men-wea ... e-2228926/

I recently discovered that one can have google inform one when such articles come out. Well, sort of. I created a ""google alert" for the phrase "men wearing skirts". I think I did it weeks ago. I discovered one could do it, set it up, and forgot about it Anyway, it sent me an email alerting me to this article. Maybe I'll add an alert for a few other phrases as well.

While I'm not crazy about the use of the term "cross-dressing", that's a minor quibble of mine. This guy really gets it. I love what he's trying to accomplish and that he's getting press for it. I wonder how mainstream this website is. Anyone know?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: men in skirts in India

Post by moonshadow »

Cool!

From the looks of it, wearing "women's" skirts in India must be quite a novelty judging from his account of the attention he attracted. I myself have a tendency to go out in some pretty wild stuff and sure I get looks, but really, it's probably maybe one out of a hundred that really seem to take notice- certainly not a show stopper by any means.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

The term cross dressing should be reserved for when someone puts a kilt on back-to-front.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

The situation described seems very like the one in the West. All that is needed to complete the resemblance is for Indian women to start appropriating those "macho" outfits.
Jim2
Distinguished Member

Post by Jim2 »

Seems this is getting more publicity in India. My google alert now shows me this article.
http://udaipurtimes.com/2-men-support-c ... -of-pants/
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

Grok wrote:All that is needed to complete the resemblance is for Indian women to start appropriating those "macho" outfits.
That is the case in pretty much everywhere around the world except for very conservative places.
らき☆
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Judah14 wrote:That is the case in pretty much everywhere around the world except for very conservative places.
Not quite! I live in the conservative capitol of the universe, and I can tell you, it's getting to the point where you can hardly tell a woman is a woman any more... They're wearing cargo trousers, cutting their hair really short. Women are looking down right manly in these parts. Not that I am complaining, I could really care less. I find the culture interesting, especially considering they have the blessing of the zealots to dress this way, yet you let me walk down the road in a black Macabi, and "WHOA! Back the f____ up"!

There's one woman in particular that I don't really care for, who is the wife of someone I know (name being left off here for my own sake), Jenn knows who it is, she has a God awful boy/pixie like hair cut, with a sort of "comb over", she's total redneck, and a complete b!tch- very alpha, very obnoxious, few can stand to be around her, yet sadly, she is the standard issue "Southern Woman".

Jenn: If you know who it is, don't mention the name here... I don't need that crap getting started... :roll:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.