Huffngton post

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Blackpassage

Huffngton post

Post by Blackpassage »

Hey guys, theres an artical in the Huffington Post about what men would do and wear if they weren't worried about being seen as feminine.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Huffngton post

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Are you able to post a link to the article please?
Blackpassage

Post by Blackpassage »

Blackpassage

Post by Blackpassage »

Ha, first time I've posted a link. Will wonders never cease.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Shoot! I do a lot of that myself and I am a straight guy. I get pedis with nail polish, wear skirts and dresses, use feminine scents, and I have even used make up as well. I am a man and will continue to be a man, but doing things I like in spite of what the rest of the crazy world thinks. :jocolor: :geek:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I scored seven out of 16, leading off with "drape myself in velvet". I don't exactly get the lasers for the backside, but maybe that's just me (although I enjoy LASERs for other things :twisted: ), and "yoga pants" are a "No!" for 90+% of the population. Quilting I can support, mainly because I'm a bit of an artistic one, though mainly with music and technology (which are closer than one might suspect). I cry frequently when the need arises, both from happiness and sadness -- and sometimes for beauty or a remembrance of a memory from long ago. I prefer cuddling to sex. And I prefer skirts to trousers. Cute is cute, no matter what it's packaging -- and is worthy in its own right.

Yet, with all of the above, I am entirely, completely, and wholly a regular old bloke. I don't need labels to define me because I am not afraid to heed my own inner self. I have every reason to believe I'm a throwback to a time where men were allowed these things and were not reviled for them. It's time to take manhood back and regain our fundamental rights as human beings.

There: I've gone and said it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Blackpassage wrote:Hey guys, theres an artical in the Huffington Post about what men would do and wear if they weren't worried about being seen as feminine.
"Order fruity drinks without being judged."

Really?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Blackpassage

Post by Blackpassage »

Ok, sorry my bad. That artical was a little lame. I had just been watching for just about anything related. And no, I personally am not into yoga pants lol
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Caultron wrote: "Order fruity drinks without being judged." [...] Really?
I don't know. I drank a heck of a lot of strawberry margaritas back in the 1980s. It was a phase, though -- I grew out of it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

crfriend wrote: ...and "yoga pants" are a "No!" for 90+% of the population....
If what you mean by 'yoga pants' is what is worn by the chap in this rather sensual video, then I think they are fine. I have a couple of pairs myself and I love the sheer lightness and comfort of them.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I don't know about the pants but I love the skirt. Purple in colour and ankle length, just full enough at the hem to allow a full stride and to twirl. I would wear that skirt in a heartbeat.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Stevie D wrote:...If what you mean by 'yoga pants' is what is worn by the chap in this rather sensual video, then I think they are fine. I have a couple of pairs myself and I love the sheer lightness and comfort of them.
No, I'd say those were harem pants, or perhaps there's a different name for men's.

Buy yoga pants are like mid-calf running tights.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Caultron wrote:
Stevie D wrote:...If what you mean by 'yoga pants' is what is worn by the chap in this rather sensual video, then I think they are fine. I have a couple of pairs myself and I love the sheer lightness and comfort of them.
No, I'd say those were harem pants, or perhaps there's a different name for men's.

Buy yoga pants are like mid-calf running tights.
Aha! Thanks!
Stevie D
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Sinned wrote:I don't know about the pants but I love the skirt. Purple in colour and ankle length, just full enough at the hem to allow a full stride and to twirl. I would wear that skirt in a heartbeat.
Yes - it's lovely, isn't it!

There have been a few occasions in the past when I have been ceilidh dancing wearing a long(-ish) skirt. They do flow beautifully and I think it definitely enhances one's dancing.
Stevie D
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Stevie D wrote:There have been a few occasions in the past when I have been ceilidh dancing wearing a long(-ish) skirt. They do flow beautifully and I think it definitely enhances one's dancing.
I've worn long, full skirts at ceilidhs for several years, they make a huge difference to the style and the fun of dancing.

I remember hearing some years ago from a woman whose husband was having problems learning to dance properly. In desperation she made him wear one of her skirts whilst practicing at home - and suddenly he 'got' it.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.