Skirts in Combat?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Skirts in Combat?

Post by Caultron »

Not that I'm calling here transgender but still...

https://www.defense.gov/News/Special-Re ... der-policy
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts in Combat?

Post by Fred in Skirts »

As with all things government we need to take this with a grain of salt. Many things come out of the DOD but getting them fully implemented the way they are supposed to be will not take place for many many years. All I can say is stand back and watch to see if this does go the way they want it to go!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I don't have a problem with Gay's trans genders etc openly doing 90% of what is called for in the military. I don't have a problem with women in combat. But you can't legislate confidence in the people who must go into battle with you. And if you don't have that confidence in each other you are all F____d
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Well, there are plenty of combat skirts for sale.
Would need a lot of camo paint on the legs.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Khaki-Army-Co ... 2397143013
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Made me think of "The Ladies from Hell" - https://youtu.be/zdet8ewRJLY
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

This is just the logical extension of the US military's acceptance of women in all roles for which they qualify.

Oldsalt brings up the critical point of group cohesiveness. However, blacks and other racial and ethnic minorities have proven what it to be a complete red herring. Once the military decided to embrace racial integration and include racial tolerance in their training, the US military has proven itself to be the model equal opportunity employer and consequently have more racial minorities in their ranks than we have in the population at large.

Consequently, I was floored when Gen. Colin Powell brought up the same, tired, discredited tropes against accepted gays and lesbians in the military as had been leveled against blacks. He even tried to say, 'Yeah, but for these folks, it's true,' not realizing that he had undoubtedly served with and probably decorated plenty of gays.

Personally, when I was of draft age young women were proud to call themselves feminists and demanded equal treatment by the military as well as every other employer. My reaction was, "If some woman wants to do my killing for me, I'm all for it!"
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

The British had a kilted brigade during WW1 and the Germans called them the LADIES FROM HELL or something of that sort !
They Kaiser's troops were so flabbergasted that they were overrun and captured by dem skirted devils !

Please feel free to correct and amend this - - -
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

The ladies from hell was a kilted regiment of men not women. I can see this working if the individuals are part of the unit from the start of training and work as a team from the get go. I feel just inserting them into a formed ACTIVE combat unit in order to achieve some form of numeric ratio would not work It would take time for the people in the unit to accept and have confidence in them. I am in no way questioning their courage or resolve. I am sure many have served and sacrificed.
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

The regiment in question would have been one of the Scottish ones, with a title like The ********* Highlanders.
I have seen monochrome photographs of these troops on the WW1 battlefield, but, I suspect owing to the film used the kilts show as a plain colour without the traditional tartan pattern.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Darryl wrote:Made me think of "The Ladies from Hell" -
This is what I first thought of when I saw the subject line...
Ralph!
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Not many Warrior Princesses running around. :D

Just image what a full Army of Xena's and/or Wonder Women could do.
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

There was a Highlands Regiment in the Civil War. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/79th_Ne ... r_Infantry
They wore the kilt for parades, but fought in tartan trews.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I believe that they were also called Devils in Skirts. Or that may just have been in Carry on Up the Khyber.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.