Happy hippy

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
owen
Member Extraordinaire

Happy hippy

Post by owen »

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environm ... -1.2849520

Here's a very nice short video about a guy who lives an eco-friendly life with his wife and kid in rural Ireland. And of course he's wearing a great-looking green kilt throughout. Perfect clothing for those who have little time for the "rules" of modern living.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Happy hippy

Post by moonshadow »

That was a very nice video. Thanks for sharing. I do somewhat envy some parts of the lifestyle. It's not for me down to every detail, but it does have it's charms. Whereas he has a prime piece of property to call his own. I'm afraid I'll probably never make enough money to buy land like that here state side. Even if I did, various zoning ordinances would prohibit a lifestyle such as he lives. It's basically against the law to live off the grid in most areas.

But without getting into a NWO government rant... I do have a plan!

The dream of my wife and I, is to someday purchase an RV and live out of that. Some quick research into the subject suggest to me that the best place to register is South Dakota, as they have no state income tax, and no vehicle inspections, and apparently the only thing you have to do to claim residency there is stay in the state one night. Supposedly there is an entire industry in SD that caters to these type of people who basically live on the road.

The trick is how to make money. At current, we're just reserving it for a retirement plan. But if I could find some gig to work at on the open road in the mean time then I'd explore the idea.

Another plan, assuming I hit it big where I work now, is to buy property in Tennessee which also doesn't have income taxes, personal property taxes, or vehicle inspections and later on, register the RV there. We'd keep the house until the day we die, but only stay in it when we're in town. Options include a place where Amber (our daughter) can stay, or use it for short term rental.

Regardless of how we get there, my overall life dream is to explore America full time. The thought of my wife and I riding side by side, state to state, all over the place just makes my heart swell with great anticipation!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.