Covergirls new Cover boy

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Covergirls new Cover boy

Post by Darryl »

After feeling I'd been passed over again, for being too old, I said "Well....?" Went to Dillard's and spoke with a couple ladies about what might be helpful. Came home with some eyebrow pencils, mascara, foundation and touch-up...and some Grecian Formula.

That was a couple years ago. Sorta gotten out of the habit, but if I found someone who could do me over in a way I liked, and teach me how to do it and maintain it, I'd probably go for it. :D
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Darryl wrote:After feeling I'd been passed over again, for being too old, I said "Well....?" Went to Dillard's and spoke with a couple ladies about what might be helpful. Came home with some eyebrow pencils, mascara, foundation and touch-up...and some Grecian Formula.
This is along the lines of my story. There used to be a Body Shop store a few blocks from where I worked and I got in the habit of stopping by and chatting with the staff at lunch if they weren't busy. I don't remember now how it happened but I asked about a makeover for reasons like you did. I went back on a Saturday afternoon when they were slow and the manager did a few things for me telling me what she did as she progressed. I didn't end up looking that much different just a bit more (if you remember the old Homer Price books, kind of like adding a couple drops of Ever So Much, More So 8) ) I did end up going back another time for a refresher lesson.
Darryl wrote:That was a couple years ago. Sorta gotten out of the habit, but if I found someone who could do me over in a way I liked, and teach me how to do it and maintain it, I'd probably go for it. :D
I've continued for over five years now. The store I used to use is long gone and The Body Shop has discontinued the bronzer power I used, but they have a good substitute. I don't use foundation, it looks too "makeupy" for my taste. A light layer of lightly tinted day cream, a few dabs of concealer on the age spots and a quick brush over with bronzer a half hour later and I'm good to go. I wait the half hour otherwise the the bronzer powder turns to mud on the moist cream. :shock:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I too like to use eye liner and mascara, just a little mind you. Would like to learn how to do more. I hear there are a ton of makeup videos on You Tube. I'll have to spend some time and watch a few.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Now that we have cable... guess what I saw on late night TV the other day...

Our friend the cover boy!

Way to go man! 8) Spread that gender freedom across the nation! Down with the haters! :D :D :D
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.