Upcoming News Story

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
crfriend
Master Barista

Upcoming News Story

Post by crfriend »

I just received, via my official Skirt Cafe e-mail channel, a request for individual input for a news story that's being written in New York by men who wear skirts and are in the NYC Tri-State area. If there's anybody reading here who is in that vicinity and is interested in participating, please drop me a private message and I'll pass the writer's contact information along.

The time-frame is tight; the writer needs responses by Monday (2016-09-26) or Tuesday at the latest.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Upcoming News Story

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Man up guys and help the mainstream media spread the gospel.

Besides, one excuse is as good as another to strut your stuff.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Man up, indeed. I've had but one response and to which I provided the writer's contact details.

I think the problem here is the fairly small target demographic. I'm within 160 miles of the area (as the missile flies), but that 160 miles translates into a vast chasm culturally. I think the intended radius is probably about 50 miles or the New York metropolitan area (which does involve three states). If I was inside the radius, I certainly would have offered input.

Anybody else from New York City interested?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

yes I am interested tried but cant make contact . I am from Long Island
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Oldsalt1, I sent you a PM (private message) with the writer's contact info (the work e-mail address)? There may not be an immediate answer depending on how often the e-mail gets checked, and it is the weekend. (Or, did you not get the PM?)
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I am sorry it could just be my ineptness with the computer but I did not get the pm
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:I am sorry it could just be my ineptness with the computer but I did not get the pm
Just below the masthead image at the upper left will be links controlling the "Board Index" and the forum you're currently in. Beneath those are the links to the "User Control Panel" and (in parenthesis) the link to your private messages. Hit the one marked "# new messages" (with # being a number); my message to you should be in there. The writer's e-mail address is a link, so look closely as it reads like text.

If that fails, I'll e-mail it to you.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I sent her an email I am waiting for a response Thank You
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

RAQUAL mentioned that she found you thru the skirtcafe website . did she ever say how she found skirtcafe in the first place
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

No, she never mentioned how she found out about SkirtCafe, but since we don't exactly keep a low profile anybody that's reasonably savvy with search-engines will find us with very little difficulty. That's actually by design.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

She showed me an article that she wrote in June of this year that was about certain schools in England offically allowing boys to wear skirts . She said that was the start of her involvement on the subject.
If she does the story it will appear in the NY POST she said she would let me know the what and when of anything that is going to be published.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

When exactly did her first article come out?

My understanding is that the NY Post is a pretty conservative publication. Did she seem pretty sympathetic?

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I would say a little. I felt that she was interested in the story. not just trying to make news . the article http://nypost/2016/06/14/uk-schoolboys- ... s-awesome/ I am not sure if its exact but will get you close

If her direct link doesn't work try typing in http://nypost/2016/06/14/uk/

in any event it was june 14,2016
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

oldsalt1 wrote:I would say a little. I felt that she was interested in the story. not just trying to make news . the article http://nypost/2016/06/14/uk-schoolboys- ... s-awesome/ I am not sure if its exact but will get you close
Try this
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Her first article couldn't have been more supportive.

It just goes to show, you never know!