"Just for girls" store welcomes boys too to buy skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Potbelly MacKraken

"Just for girls" store welcomes boys too to buy skirts

Post by Potbelly MacKraken »

Interesting story of advocacy of skirt wearing by boys/men and as well as other "female" clothing.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/09/boy- ... ina-store/
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: "Just for girls" store welcomes boys too to buy skirts

Post by moonshadow »

Enjoy it while you can kiddo. Because things change when you're all grown up.

There's another North Carolina "women's only" clothing store that doesn't mind showing men the door when it comes to equal treatment...

...and to this day, I just avoid any and all stores that are "just for females", as I have a hard time digesting the rejection.

While I do somewhat applaud the business for their position, I have a good feeling this acceptance is more a matter of not wanting to tell the cute kid "no".

As it goes, customarily, there are only three types of people- men, women, and children.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:As it goes, customarily, there are only three types of people- men, women, and children.
And, hilariously, it's also always "women and children first". I'll bet that it was a woman who created the notion of "chivalry".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:And, hilariously, it's also always "women and children first". I'll bet that it was a woman who created the notion of "chivalry".
I seem to recall we discussed this here at SC some time ago. I can't remember the thread, but I seem to remember discussing a possible reason being that back during the dawn of human civilization, as women are the child bearers, the survival of the species depended on the survival of women. As men could inseminate countless numbers of women, women on the other hand can only bear (generally) one child every 9 months or so.

However in the modern day, where we are over seven billion strong, and our population is almost a 50/50 split by sex, I'd say the threat of human extinction by running out of women is pretty small. In fact, I'd say we could use to trim the masses a little. People need to stop procreating for a while.

I myself generally don't give most women a lot of my attention or time, as I figure they have enough men worshiping the ground they walk on, they don't need the likes of me.

As far as children go, well they are innocent, young, and generally would struggle to survive in the world, especially the very young children (under 13) so I can understand making sure they are taken care of.

However, at the end of the day, by the law of Nature, none of us have a "right" to exist, or be alive, as I have known of no one who has cheated death. Yes it is sad when bad things happen to children, but Nature.... she does not discriminate.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.