A Skirt Is The Way To Go For Men & Women

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A Skirt Is The Way To Go For Men & Women

Post by r.m.anderson »

There are two types of under gear attached under the skirt - one is the short short BOY SHORT which does not do much for boys with the divided seaming.
The other is the panty brief that is just that with a pouch structure to keep things in place and out of the way.

Some of these skorts have ball pockets sewn inside the garment next to the outer seam keeping a ready supply of tennis balls at hand.
Neatly covered under the skirt - what men tennis players do is a mystery as pockets on men's tennis shorts would reveal tennis ball bulges - not nice looking !

So whether wearing a skirt or a skort or even a tennis dress what is worn as under gear is only the business of the wearer and with a short HEM line what is
exposed or not is also the business of the wearer - just don't be making a spectacle of it by winning a match jumping over the net and whoops say la vee ***!
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

As for being commercially viable, I think that the way to go would be a skirt for sports/outdoor activities. I'm thinking in terms of a skirt for walking/hiking and jogging/running. It would give an excuse for wearing one, and It fits into the activities that interest men.

Come to think of it, the bloomers worn in the late nineteenth century were intended for sports. And that excuse may have been the only (at the time) viable one for a woman to not wear a skirt or dress.
Jim2
Distinguished Member

Post by Jim2 »

It's been a long time since I asked about skorts, but since then I did some research and bought a couple. I have looked for skorts that have a panty brief in them but have found none. I spoke to a woman I know who claimed that they stopped making them. I'm not sure if she was certain about this, but as I said, I found none. I finally bought a couple and simply cut out the shorts. I wear my own underwear with them. They work perfectly for tennis and even for just wearing around. Does anyone know where one can buy them with panty briefs still?

Don't know why you say it is a mystery what mn do with the tennis balls. They put them in their pockets. Actually, I do the same with the skorts I've bought. I haven't seen the ball pockets sewn into them, but it's possible I buy skorts that are a bit longer than those made for tennis as I'd prefer for it not to show my underwear too easily.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

As an alternate to the skort - look at swim skirts - these have of course the skirt outside and inside generally have the panty brief.
The panty brief is preferred in that it is like a speedo brief and keeps everything neatly in check - whereas the boy short as previously
noted has the tortuous seaming bisecting the jewels - simply "Cut that Out!" YES cut that boy short panel out and go with the just a skirt !

The swim skirts are maybe just an inch or two shorter than a skort or even skirts for that matter - use due caution !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
Jim2
Distinguished Member

Post by Jim2 »

Thanks for the swim skirt idea, but they are much too short and lack pockets. The skorts I found work well after removing the shorts in them.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Jim2 the skort I have has the pantie brief and I have never ever seen any for sale in the shops. The one I have I picked up from a charity shop and didn't know what it was until ages afterwards. I just thought it cool and comfortable. I actually enjoy having the underwear as part of the skirt. Still we are all different ....
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Re:the near future

Post by SkirtsDad »

oldsalt1 wrote:I don't understand skorts. If you are doing it for style and modesty maybe . But either you wear a skirt or you wear shorts why both at the same time..
It allows someone to wear a short skirt, even if only by appearance, with without having to be worried about exposing too much when there is a sudden breeze or they bend over. That would be my reasoning.

There are quite a few different styles from skirt lookalikes, to those that resemble shorts from the back and have a skirt panel at the front. Running skorts tend to have capri leggings or long boy shorts built in, but the fashion ones that I've seen, as with the Zara skort below, seem to have fairly loose shorts inside.

Swimming skorts, or skirtinis, as I've also seen them referred to as well as other names, are swimming briefs with a short skirt around, some of which barely extend past the brief. Given the material and style I would think that these are probably only really suitable for being near the beach or pool and their facilities.... but maybe someone can tell me differently.
Jim2
Distinguished Member

Post by Jim2 »

I have bought two skorts to play tennis in. I had been wearing a couple of skirts when playing tennis, but they were not ideal. The skorts I got had good pockets for that purpose. In one pocket, I can keep a tennis ball or two. In the other, I keep a tissue. They are also lighter weight than the skirts I was using. Also, these particular skorts are long enough that I don't have to worry about exposing myself while running after tennis balls. Some others I've seen are a little shorter than I'd feel comfortable wearing. If I could find a skirt that had these same qualities, I'd buy it. But I haven't. As I noted before, I cut out the shorts from these skorts, so they effectively have become skirts.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

In an athletic sense minimalistic is better - you should observe what is worn in marathon races.
The winners and those finishing close behind are thin svelte thorough breeds with a degree of minimal clothing.
The original marathon races where held in the nude.

Swim skirts (skorts) best worn with the original equipment intact (material not the anatomy - LOL !).
Otherwise the skirted portion does little to cover the bare facts.
Some skirts like water - seek their own level - rising and falling to the tempo of gravity movement.
A Speedo would be more street legal - but for best effect the thin svelte thorough breed body is required.
I can't picture the Michelin Man in a speedo.

So wear what you can and can get away with - but don't get carried away with too little !
Beach wear is not like High Main Street wear - crossing the police (tape) line is not a good idea unless you are a celebrity.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?