Peter who dresses as Penny

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Peter who dresses as Penny

Post by skirtingtoday »

Saw this on the BBC today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35970272

The tale sound similar to a number of folk here having personal angst and keeping it secret from a partner.

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Peter who dresses as Penny

Post by Sinned »

Once I realised that I enjoyed wearing skirts and it all felt natural to me, BUT unlike Peter I didn't and don't want to identify as a woman so I haven't kept it secret from MOH. But I do identify with the following that Peter said, "I walked around the block at about 9pm [at] night, in the dark. It wasn't exciting in a sexual sense or anything like that - it's never been about sex - but it certainly kind of released a need I felt I had." I have done that just to enjoy the feeling of walking late at night outside in a skirt but didn't have the courage to out myself. I don't think that MOH accepts that for me skirting is not sexual as she has sometimes asked me in anger and possibly frustration if it gives me a h*rd-*n when I am wearing a skirt. It doesn't and I told her so. I identify a little with Peter but not so much.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.