I rather liked this article

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

I rather liked this article

Post by moonshadow »

http://nbhap.com/fashion/men-in-skirts/

Some favorite snippets:
We prefer to envy other people, instead of stepping out whatever we might call “our misery”. We prefer to judge and even mock a let’s-call-it different outfit we spot on the street, instead of applauding the individuality.
We always wait from someone to tell us what’s right and what’s wrong. We want to look like our neighbor. I invite you to look around. Most of the women around you have painted, fat eyebrows. Most of the men around you have a long, perfectly groomed beard. Now try to find somebody with a unique, personal style. That’s what I’m talking about. Get rid of those stupid magazines and start thinking about how do you want to look like.
Why try to look like each other when we’re blessed with diversity?
Why is it ok and cool for a girl to be a tomboy and have a boyish haircut, but a man cannot wear a skirt?
I don't really have anymore to add... just another pro-manskirt website article. Always nice to see these. Many of the lines were very encouraging.

It is interesting, how when I observe society, everyone pretty much looks the same. All the men wear the same type of clothes... the goatee is in now, and everyone's got one (except me), all the women wear their hair the same way, and capris are in now.

Some of my "rigs" aren't really a hit to some, but I like them, and I can honestly say... I'm the only one that wears them, even among male skirt wearer's I seemed to have carved out a neat little niche that is all "Moon Shadow", you won't find my style emulated by men, women, boys, girls, goths, emos, yuppies, elderly, trendies, etc... so far as I can tell... I'm the only one. Even if men skirt wearing ever catches on in the mainstream, I doubt *my* style will. And you know what.... that's cool. In fact, I find it preferable.

So society may remember me as a strange fella, a weirdo, crazy, or any number of other adjectives,... but I will be remembered!

After all... the don't normally write songs about "normal" people that fit in.

https://youtu.be/_KK9G6a4NXQ
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: I rather liked this article

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:http://nbhap.com/fashion/men-in-skirts/

It is interesting, how when I observe society, everyone pretty much looks the same. All the men wear the same type of clothes... the goatee is in now, and everyone's got one (except me), all the women wear their hair the same way, and capris are in now.
That's all well and good, but I get the impression that nobody is reading -- at least amongst "The Great Unwashed". Indeed, all we get nowadays are regurgitations of "styles" from not-all-that-long-ago rehashed and re-warmed like last-week's leftovers (and fully as disgusting this time 'round as they were when they were "fresh"). Individuality -- at least the courage to be an individual -- seems to be stone cold dead.

Whatever happened to creativity, playfulness, and a joie-de-vivre. What we have now is none of those things, and we're vastly poorer for it.

And don't get me started on clamdigger-pants and beachwear in the office. Sadly, summer is coming and that crud is surfacing from closets where it would best have been left buried. Here we go yet again. (It almost makes me wish for winter year-round. Almost.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!