Trans Clothing Exchanges and NC Gender Bigotry

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Trans Clothing Exchanges and NC Gender Bigotry

Post by Caultron »

Sinned wrote:?..I am getting more convinced with every passing year that the sum total of insanity is increasing or the sum of sanity is decreasing, not necessarily the same thing...
Spot on. Crazy, eh..
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Found on Facebook...
PortaPotties.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Sinned wrote:The latest twist in the saga over this side of the pond. Some student union activists are calling on universities to install sanitary towel bins in gent's toilets so that female transgender students who use them do not face discrimination. I am getting more convinced with every passing year that the sum total of insanity is increasing or the sum of sanity is decreasing, not necessarily the same thing.
I think that is a perfectly reasonable request. A female-to-male transgender man does not stop menstruating unless hormonal treatment has started to become effective (takes time) or they have had a hysterectomy. Other than that, their appearance will be male, perhaps with facial hair, i.e. they will not look out of place in the Gents toilets. So there is a need for proper disposal facilities for tampons and sanitary towels there. Are you saying that they must use the Ladies (whilst presenting as a man) in order to do this?

I sincerely hope that in 2016 here in the UK we are enlightened sufficiently about gender identity, dysphoria and transitioning, etc., to be able to accept that trans people are part of our community and allow them the same basic human rights and dignity as everyone else, without getting all hot under the collar about it and joining in with Daily Mail-inspired manufactured outrage. Whatever your UK political leanings might be, please let's have none of that NC foolishness here.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

True, Stevie. I too often fall in the trap of assuming gender issues to be a desperate need to assume the other gender, but that's not necessarily true. One size fits all is not valid, and like so much else there are more shades of grey than black and white. It is possible, I suppose, that TG individuals born biological female desire to keep their options open as to whether to have a child at some time, and therefore not complete a surgical transition. Too, there can be sexual and gender identity that is simply not addressed with our traditional definitions. I suspect some correspondents here understand that. It's a brave new world now, and will be interesting to see how we contend with enhanced revelations of one another. These won't be simple responses; we have to use our heads and our hearts.

I guess I am showing my ignorance by not knowing just what receptacles are in women's restrooms. I think some places here probably provide special disposal bags to keep those items from ending up clogging toilets; and the little bags go out along with normal trash from the restroom? But I guess separate receptacles for feminine hygiene items would be a necessary norm where you have a highly thorough recycling program.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Stevie, I stand corrected and in my ignorance just haven't thought through the implications. I have know homosexuals and there are members of my family that are lesbian or have turned lesbian having previously been straight but I do not or have not knowingly known any transsexuals, hence my ignorance. :?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sinned wrote:The latest twist in the saga over this side of the pond. Some student union activists are calling on universities to install sanitary towel bins in gent's toilets so that female transgender students who use them do not face discrimination. I am getting more convinced with every passing year that the sum total of insanity is increasing or the sum of sanity is decreasing, not necessarily the same thing...
Pardon, but no doubt due to issues of English English vs. US English, what's a sanitary towel bin?

Like, do women's rooms have separate disposal bins for pads and tampons? I thought they just flushed them down the toilet or tossed them in the regular trash.

What's next, tampon machines in the men's room?

Amazing, isn't it, that everything was going fine until they passed this law?

caultron
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Caultron wrote: Like, do women's rooms have separate disposal bins for pads and tampons?
Normally, yes.
I thought they just flushed them down the toilet or tossed them in the regular trash.
It can cause serious blockages in the sewerage systems, especially in rural areas where the drains may be very old and toilet waste goes into a septic tank.
What's next, tampon machines in the men's room?
Agreed there probably wouldn't be much need, but you never know. And condom machines can often be found in both the ladies and the gents.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Stevie D wrote:
Caultron wrote: Like, do women's rooms have separate disposal bins for pads and tampons?
Normally, yes.
Well, you learn something every day. Somehow this never came up in conversation.
Last edited by crfriend on Wed May 04, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting [CRF]

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

You know... this all boils down to the straw man....

What we are on paper vs what we are in our soul.

All these laws are based on what our birth certificate says. A birth certificate is sort of like a car title, only it can't be transferred like a car title. But it does create a legal record of a persons existence. Lack of having a birth certificate means that generally speaking... you don't exist.

It occurs to me that if the doctor messed up on my birth certificate, and listed me as a female, I would legally be required to use the women's rest room in North Carolina, because it doesn't matter what we ACTUALLY ARE, but rather what we are on paper! Bureaucracy at it's finest!

Fun fact:

When I first got my learners permit when I was 15... the DMV made a mistake and listed me as "FEMALE" :lol: Of course, we noticed it at the counter and had immediately corrected it. Looking back in hindsight... I should have just left it alone. :lol: I'd be the envy of transwomen... a "typo woman"... What's a "typo-woman"? Why it's the type-o woman that is created when the government screws up your paperwork silly!

Of course it might get kind of weird when my insurance refuses to pay for a prostate exam, and yet allows a mammogram!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

U.S. Warns North Carolina That Transgender Bill Violates Civil Rights Laws

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us/no ... .html?_r=0

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

You know... the more I've thought about this issue, I've concluded that there is hypocrisy on both sides!

Women don't want to share the restroom with trans-women because women feel trans-women are still men.

Trans-women don't want to share the restroom with men because they feel they are women.

Homophobic men want to beat the snot out of any trans-woman who enters into either room.

Homophobic women want to cry rape at the very thought of trans-women sharing a restroom with them.

Nobody cares about little boys.

Ask either side about full unisex restrooms and everyone takes offense.

Conclusion... everyone is right, and everyone is wrong, both sides have a point, and everyone seems to agree that regular men are not to be trusted in either event.

As a "regular guy", I rebuke this whole damned thing! It seems everyone has lost any sense of reason and compassion.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Sadly I agree with you wholeheartedly Moonshadow. The really sad part is that everyone not only has a point it is a valid point in each case. The cruel part is that the problems don't really arise from the average man or woman on the street, the problem is created by those that are acting in a criminal way and should be punished for their behavior, instead because of the actions of a few all of us suffer and all of us become suspect in the eyes of everyone else.

Constitutionally we are all innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, in the court of public opinion (which has a incorrect verdict rate in excess of 80%) you are guilty until proven innocent. Being that that is simply how it is gaining the approval of the general population requires that we take it one day at a time and present ourselves as reasonable people. Pushing and getting belligerent about it simply reinforces the stigma of different means guilty whether you are or aren't.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hoborob wrote:...The cruel part is that the problems don't really arise from the average man or woman on the street, the problem is created by those that are acting in a criminal way and should be punished for their behavior...
I don't believe there have ever been cases of young girls being harassed or attacked by men who changed their sex to women and then used the women's washroom.

I know the NC legislature claims that preventing such acts is the justification for this law, but I but since there's no need for such prevention, I strongly suspect they're lying. The real reason is mostly likely holier-than-thou bigots who offered dark-money campaign contributions (bribes) in return for any way to persecute (or at least harass) anyone with a sexual preference other than their own.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Their contention is that without criminal consequences, men would enter women's rooms with impunity and expose themselves. My contention is that given the unguarded nature of women's restrooms, why are the perverts opting for parks and shopping malls and parking lots to expose themselves? I agree, it's simply a non-issue. The whole law is simply a huge ass-kiss to religious conservatives, whose view is that genitalia=gender, and anything beyond procreational sex is sin. I think it is they who should seek therapy because to think as they do, to me, implies that they have some repressed perversions yet unsurfaced.