Trans Clothing Exchanges and NC Gender Bigotry

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Trans Clothing Exchanges and NC Gender Bigotry

Post by Darryl »

Moonshadow wrote:
But yeah, like I said, words and descriptions really don't do "southern life" justice. You've got the experience it for yourself. Walk into an independent fundamental church in these parts, come to Abingdon and tune your TV to channel 68 (Living Faith Television), see for yourself the infomercial on "the blood of Jesus oil", guaranteed to protect you from the baneful conduct of the heathen!
I must point out that much of that is "wolf among the sheep" hucksterism for the sole purpose of lining someone's pocket. Most people are ok (those under the 'bell curve') it is the outliers that make things....err....interesting. :roll:

I'm not in the "Deep South" and things might be different down thataway, but I met a couple from church today while shopping. They smiled and waved, as did I, and I didn't stick around to talk as this was my first day out and about in heels (OMG!). This. Pushing a shopping cart: http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/downloa ... &mode=view

I go to a rather eclectic mix of Holiness, Pentecostal, Baptist, Methodist and Presbyterian churches. (I assume it helps that as a balding, bearded man I confuse the heck out of them by not trying to "pass." Or, they do their homework on the web. Or, the wives and daughters have figured it out.) :?