ANYONE can ... and should wear skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Uncle Al

ANYONE can ... and should wear skirts

Post by Uncle Al »

Check out this blog by a firm believer in men wearing skirts :D

http://www.pinkisforboys.org/blog/anyon ... ear-skirts

The comments are extremely supportive of Men In Skirts :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: ANYONE can ... and should wear skirts

Post by dillon »

It wasn't bad. I checked out the website of the first commenter(http://funcrunch.org/blog/2015/07/07/ag ... k-thereof/) and it was interesting as well. In fact, I found it better because of the site's POV. I often find something vaguely or even overtly patronizing or condescending about a lot of the "supportive" blogs and articles that get linked in this forum. Many seem to have an "Awww, aren't you sweet! It's your right to be a queer and I support you!" attitude, which is totally off-base for most of us. The one you linked is less that way than others, but I really liked the one from the individual who was living it, more than simply observing it. It speaks from the authority of esse quam videri, to be rather than to seem, from someone living his/her life on his/her own terms. (My son tells me it's okay to use "their" rather than "his/her" in gender-related matters but the grammar bothers me. Although my southern US grammar is far from flawless, it seems good enough for this site - no offense, guys - and I'd rather be socially awkward than grammatically awkward. :lol: )
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: ANYONE can ... and should wear skirts

Post by Sinned »

I've hijacked this thread, or reused it somewhat, to save opening another thread. Peter rouch is a 6 foot 10 former England international striker, which is unusual for someone so tall but then he did score from a lot of headers. :) Anyway in the paper yesterday there was a quote of his at the Leni's Model Management party, "I actually really liked wearing a dress. It was a wonderful feeling. I'd do it again." Not saying that he's a true convert but it's nice to hear a role model saying it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.