How (and why) to Wear a Skirt (as a man)

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

How (and why) to Wear a Skirt (as a man)

Post by Gordon »

That's the title of an article written by another skirt wearing man.

https://travishmartin.wordpress.com/201 ... -as-a-man/

"Right now I’m on a train headed to Toronto, and I will be on another train coming back, late tomorrow evening. I’ll be participating in a photoshoot at Ryerson University as part of a research project on men’s fashion. The focus of the study is men of my generation who are using fashion to express themselves, and changing what “masculinity” means in the process. I am expressing myself right now, with my fashion. It feels awesome, empowering, and graceful to wear this skirt."

It's interesting in that he gives those who are afraid to do it some ideas to play with.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: How (and why) to Wear a Skirt (as a man)

Post by crfriend »

That chap absolutely nailed it. From the trance-like power of flow to the sublime feeling that you can best the odds when under stress -- and the way that feels -- he pegged some very, very, high points in that article.

I hope he goes far.

Bravery, recall, is not the absence of fear -- it's the mastery of it: the strength to get up and do something even though you're terrified out of your wits. We've all seen others do it -- and not just on the telly; we've all seen this stuff in real life. And it's really impressive -- and we can do it, too; we just need to listen to that quiet little voice that tells us, "You can do this. Just pay attention to the little things and the big stuff will work out." Whether this is putting out a fire, cracking a tough logic problem, or stepping out the front door in a skirt -- we can do this.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!