man-up

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

man-up

Post by dillon »

THE MASKS WE LIVE IN

I saw this film Thursday night at Thalian Hall, sponsored by the Wilmington Rape Crisis Center. I wish I could make EVERY American male see it, especially the adolescents, before it's too late. I fully understood the pain expressed by these young men and boys. There are obvious physiological and genetic differences that exist in nature for evolutionary reasons, but society has exacerbated these things to the level of harmfulness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc45-ptHMxo

The film's one shortcoming is that, with only a single exception, it places all the blame for American male attitudes on the influence of other men/boys, and glosses over the fact that women too are indoctrinated with the harmful social image of what constitutes masculinity. Mothers are the greatest early influences on their sons and lay the path for what images the child will respect or ignore. And for what their daughters will look for in men. Neither sex is immune from blame.
Last edited by dillon on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: man-up

Post by dillon »

BTW, I think, as usual, I was the only skirted male there, despite a good turn-out for the viewing. I now have the reputation, I suppose, as "the crazy skirted man of Wilmington". Though my home is a small town an hour away, Wilmington NC is a great small city with lots of attractions and is my preferred venue and haunt.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: man-up

Post by Sinned »

Can't say I have ever seen a trailer for this film or have evn heard about it in any other way, so thanks dlln. Just looked at the trailer you posted and it intrigues me. I take it that it's a recent release so if it does come our way then I will definitely go to see it and drag MOH along to see if she can comprehend its message. I doubt that she would let me go skirted but can't have everything.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.