To see oorsels as ithers see us...

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

To see oorsels as ithers see us...

Post by skirtingtoday »

Spotted this in the Scottish Daily Record - translations from Chinese tourist information.

Note the "Strong man Skirt Party" translation for our Highland games as well as "baa-baa pudding" for haggis.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... rt-5170208
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Re: To see oorsels as ithers see us...

Post by Couya »

Quite amusing, but £1,6 million spent on social media? That looks as if either they have too much money north of the border, or they are starved for tourists. I'm sure neither is true.

Martin
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

The Record is merely putting a kilt on a UK story. Have some fun with this little quiz: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/shor ... kname-quiz .

If you follow the link from the quiz you can find out where the "Healthy Lung Village" is too.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I got 9 right - the only one I got wrong was no 8 - there were two choices for me and I chose the wrong one. So 9.5 in theory.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.