Taiwan university 'breaks gender frame' with 'Men's Skirt Mo

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Taiwan university 'breaks gender frame' with 'Men's Skir

Post by Sinned »

K_J, I like the way that you wear pink as well as if it's just another colour ( which it is ) and carry the look well. That must screw people's stereotypes as well. I would like to wear pink as well but I think that it would be another step too far for MOH.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kilted_John wrote:..It's fun watching people's heads explode when they can't fit me into a box...
Yes, it takes a certain detachment but I agree it's fun.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It takes a certain amount of, I don't know, satisfaction or even pride at not fitting into any particular box or even more than one of them. One idea that occurred to me was to wear trousers on even dates and skirts on odd dates ( if I give you a clue in that there are more odd dates in a year than even ones ). That way MOH would know what to expect at the moment. Must run it past her ( and expect the inevitable ).
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

Sinned wrote:K_J, I like the way that you wear pink as well as if it's just another colour ( which it is ) and carry the look well. That must screw people's stereotypes as well. I would like to wear pink as well but I think that it would be another step too far for MOH.
Wear a pink shirt. Surely she cannot object to you wearing shirts from these mainstream retailers?-

http://int.debenhams.com/at/men/shirts/ ... lour/pink/
26 products found

http://www.marksandspencer.com/l/men/fo ... 100+10+100
24 items (and six more in the 'casual shirt' section)
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Dnns,

Just start doing it. Trou on even days, skirts on odd days. Don't run it past her, just do it.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I like your thinking K_J and I think that I will just do that. It may take her some time for her to cotton on. I have no issue with wearing pink and I have a pink skirt that MOH gave me but the only other thing I have is a pink tie. Now I could team these up with either black, red or white. The first and latter I have plenty of other items of. I have also some red but by a strange quirk MOH doesn't like red and she won't wear anything red. She was a definite redhead but with the advancing years she is now more of a strawberry blond as her hair lightens off. So I struggle to find occasion to wear red although I do at times. Pltd I used to have a couple of pink shirts but they got too small so went out though I can also surreptitiously purchase a pink item or two ....
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Kilted_John wrote:
dillon wrote:We have had this debate/discussion numerous times here. I will reiterate what I have always said, which is that the social conservatives don't differentiate between straight or gay or TG men when it comes to skirts. To them, man in skirt = queer. We have nothing to lose by embracing causes beyond our own fairly narrow interest. And it is the right thing to do.
I beg to differ. That's what the liberal's stereotype of social conservatives is. I'm personally extremely conservative. More to the right than either GWB, McCain, or Romney. Yet, I differentiate between straight, gay, TG, TS, etc, when it comes to skirts, dresses, etc. Most of the people who I've come across have been the same way. I've had more problems with the left not accepting the fact that a guy wearing a skirt doesn't necessarily mean he's gay. So, it goes both ways.

-J
I admit I am ignorant of what comprises conservatism in the Pac NW, but the fact that you even recognize the differences between gay, bi, TG, TS, TV, etc, would pretty well keep you out of the Social Conservatism club down here in the South. Not that I would care to belong to it. And I dont use the term liberal for my own politics. I am a radical...a low tax advocate who believes in a secular state and social equality for all races, religions, and orientations.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...