Red Dress Run

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Red Dress Run

Post by Caultron »

Here's an organization sponsoring runs all arounf the works in which all the participants - both men and women - wear red dresses!

http://www.reddressruns.org/?page_id=408

Also, try searching for, "red dress run" in Google images.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Milfmog

Re: Red Dress Run

Post by Milfmog »

I encountered one of these runs a few years ago. There is a post about it here.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I've never worn a dress and I doubt I ever will.

However, this event did remind me about a plain orange tee-shirt which I used to own years ago. I bought it at a Spanish market and, when I got it home, it was massively too long and I gave it to my wife to wear as a dress. She did use it as such, with a broad belt. After some years, I reclaimed it as something to wear over my swimming trunks when bumming around on the beach so I didn't get my shoulders and back sunburned.

Any really long tee-shirt is, in reality, a dress. Consequently, it is no great step for a man to wear a basic tee-shirt dress - and it is a garment which is extremely simple, loose, comfortable and cheap. After all - it is just a tee-shirt - but a few inches longer.

Stu
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

MOH gave me just such a garment in yellow and I may just dig it out for the hot weather we are having! :twisted:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.