Another positive article

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Another positive article

Post by skirtyscot »

Folk interested in fashion seem to be quite comfortable with the notion of men in skirts. Here is another example, with the usual slew of supportive comments - half of them probably written by you lot!

http://lipmag.com/arts/men-in-skirts-ca ... nt-page-1/

Preaching to the converted, I fear. But maybe the idea will somehow seep out to the friends of the fashionistas or to people who chance upon one of these articles.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another positive article

Post by Sinned »

It's interesting that, although she seems to find the concept of men wearing skirts acceptable, it's how she finishes the piece that resonates with me, especially her feelings about those close to her.

"One possible test for whether the world is ready is whether heterosexual women would be happy with their boyfriends/partners/husbands wearing skirts in public. Personally, I don’t know how I would feel about it. Sure, I think that men’s fashion is boring – that it could do with some variation – and sure, I’m fine when men I don’t know wear skirts around me, but to be in a sexual relationship with a skirt-wearer? I don’t know if I’m there yet. He’d have to be extremely masculine in every other sense (whatever ‘extremely masculine’ means). And even then…

What do you think? Are we ready for men’s skirts again? Could you date a skirt-wearer? And what about accessories and footwear – could you go out with a man who wears necklaces, handbags or heels?"

I have no problem wearing a skirt outside of the house - the main thing that stops me is MOH and she seems to have the same feelings as the author of the article. It also appears quite common among other contributors to this site - acceptance among men who are in a very distant relationship but a different matter for those close to them.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another positive article

Post by renesm1 »

It sounds like the author of the piece doesn't want to be a first mover and is quite content to be a sheep. She'll do it when everyone else is doing it. Which doesn't get us very far!!!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews