interesting article

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
crggrg

interesting article

Post by crggrg »

Just found this, a very interesting read
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ng-neutral
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: interesting article

Post by crfriend »

It's nice to see something positive from time to time. I think the world may be just about ready, but I've thought that for years. Perhaps my horizon is warped a bit.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Yes, that's a "one up" for the good guys.
Loved some of the comments too, especially from some of the women who basically expressed an abhorrence of skirts for themselves, that is. The point is, women largely have the freedom of choice. Regardless of pretty much anything, a women can wear what she wants with virtually no comment.
One day and "I have a dream", the same will be true for men. Little by little, we may actually be achieving it.
Steve.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

One person commenting on the article said this about wearing the kilt-you will either love it or hate it. I suspect that there is a latent distinction between "skirtonians" and others.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:One person commenting on the article said this about wearing the kilt-you will either love it or hate it. I suspect that there is a latent distinction between "skirtonians" and others.
I absolutely suspect that there is.

There are those who are hide-bound to adhere to the "Rules" and there are free-thinkers who ascertain the validity of "rules" and violate those which are devoid of rational reason. That's as it's always been -- and needs to be today, perhaps now more than ever as we descend into yet another Dark Age.

Let's enjoy the skirts while we can, lads, as in another decade or so it'll be trousers and burkhas.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

STEVIE wrote:?..Regardless of pretty much anything, a women can wear what she wants with virtually no comment...
So can men. Just do it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

But this is more than a way of staying cool, or of striving to be gender blind.
What is gender blindness and what does this has to do with a piece of clothing? Interesting what people read into a skirt, as if it defines a gender and was restricted to females. :lol: Otherwise, it implies that someone accepts the notion of feminity related to the skirt and infringes the "holy principle" for the sake of the greater good. :lol:

There is no rational justification for a skirt to be a female only garment.