Fourteen Percent of Men Wear Nail Polish?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Fourteen Percent of Men Wear Nail Polish?

Post by Sarongman »

Hello mark, welcome to our forum. Please place a bit about yourself in the introductions. You are literate and articulate, as we mostly are here, so I, for one, will look forward to more from you on various topics.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
mark

Re: Fourteen Percent of Men Wear Nail Polish?

Post by mark »

Thanks sarongman. I'm a middle aged fellow, married, 3 kids from the upper Midwest and just got tired of all the rules that keep putting people in boxes. Started with having to go to college, I'd have rather worked with my hands, then corporate jobs, typical and stereotypical life. But I was always different, artistic, and never did the typical. So about three years ago I had my first pedicure because I'm diabetic and they put clear polish on, and from that point I've polished ever since.

My wife is not crazy about it because she's more concerned what other people think and being judgmental. But after a lot of research into gender norms and gender politics I came to the conclusion that there was no reason why a guy couldn't or shouldn't wear polish. No woman I've ever asked has given any sensible answer that wasn't based on media, advertising and just plain not thinking it through. When I point out the dichotomy they look at me like I'm out of my mind. That throws a lot of them for a loop. They take their gains and deny others theirs and think nothing of it. That's just plain wrong in my view.