Mini Kilt on Facebook

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
chrisinkilt

Mini Kilt on Facebook

Post by chrisinkilt »

For those of you on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... nt_count=1

Mostly positive, although concerned about the length. Probably should be longer to be a great spokesperson for our cause.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mini Kilt on Facebook

Post by skirtyscot »

It is short, isn't it?

I'm not on Facebook, but if I was I would have answered all the questions about what makes it more comfortable. "It doesn't need an injury, just a penis and testicles!" But what with the difficulty the Yanks seem to have with using the proper medical terms for reproductive organs (esp. the women's ones), I expect it would get deleted.

In fact maybe I will join and make the comment. Had been thinking about joining anyway.

I wouldn't say most of the comments are positive. Few are explicitly for or against. Most comment on the shortness, but not necessarily in a good way.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Short, yes. But it surprises us only because men have taken to wearing pants that come down to the knee or lower. A few years ago, shorts were short, and perhaps Chris's kilt would not have provoked so many comments.
I like to wear short skirts in summer, but they stay mostly in the house. For active work, I'm sure it's better to have the legs quite free and without excess cloth that might get in the way, catching on sharp edges, thorny plants, cogwheels and so on.
Only once did I go out in a very short skirt -- with the family, who did not even seem to notice. Amazing!

Martin
chrisinkilt

Post by chrisinkilt »

Martin, This is not me. But my wife follows this blogger on facebook.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Strange coincidence; I think the mini-kilted fellow's name is Chris, too. He often wears outrageously short kilts, it seems.

Martin
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

FYI - -
Yes, his name is Chris and is in the Ft. Worth, TX. area.
He is a member here but hasn't posted in a long time.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)