Emailed runningskirts owner about a running kilt

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Emailed runningskirts owner about a running kilt

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Yesterday I emailed the owner of the company Runningskirts.com to see if they would be interested in designing a running kilt for men. I have read in many forums that the owners would be willing to consider it when asked by other male runners who have run in their skirts. I personally believe that if they made a skirt for MEN with a for MENs label on it, then many men, especially runners would have little problem buying them. Here is a copy of my email below.

Dear Christy,

My name is Ryan Francis and I am the administrator for the facebook site Men’s Skirts (www.facebook.com/mensskirts) which promotes masculine skirts as a part of men’s clothing today in the west. As you will know over the last few years many men have been rediscovering the comfort and benefits of skirted garments resulting in a revived consumer demand for skirts and kilts designed specifically for men. So much has this demand been that many companies have been designing modern styles of the kilt. For example companies like Mountain Hardware designing the Elkommando kilts for hikers, utilikilt, Amerikilt, Sports Kilt etc and the list goes on, all because of the overwhelming demand from men for practical modern designs of the kilt for different purposes and activities. Moreover, there is a growing interest for kilts in the field of running, which I am sure you are well aware of and have seen many men running in kilts such as Sports Kilts and even your own running skirts.

The purpose for my email is simply to find out if you and your company would be interested in designing a running kilt specifically designed for men. For the past 2 years I have my self been running in skirts, not to mention wearing kilts daily, and have been looking for a running skirt design that is most suited for us guys. I also have a few of your products and find them to be an exceptional product of the highest quality and value for money.

What would make a men’s running kilt different from a women’s skirt? Well in my own opinion not much, but a few difference desirable for us men would be a skirt that is slightly longer (maybe about 2in longer), less shaping of the hip area and a few colours and designs more suitable for guys such as a darker tartan.

I am aware from other running forums, hiking forums and kilt forums that many men have expressed an interest for a kilt similar to your running skirts. I also believe that this is a growing market that would be beneficial to both your company and the consumers. As an advocate for Men’s Skirts with many contacts and supporters worldwide, I know that many men have no issue with wearing a kilt/skirt of contemporary design especially when it is made specifically as a kilt/skirt for men.

I want to thank you for your time and consideration of my email and send you my best regards to you, your family and your company. I eagerly await your response.

Kind Regards
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Emailed runningskirts owner about a running kilt

Post by Kirbstone »

Very well written, Ryan. You couldn't have done it better.

We'll see what happens next. Well done.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Emailed runningskirts owner about a running kilt

Post by skirtyscot »

Good on you, Ryan.

I've been out running lately. It started out as an early morning walk to the newsagent, then I started adding on detours to make it about 5 miles, then one day as I was walking down the road it seemed a good idea to run. I don't know why the thought popped into my head - I've never been a runner. But now after a few weeks I am getting close to the point where I will be able to run 5 miles without having to walk now and again for a rest.

Those walks were always skirted, so naturally I have been running in a skirt as well. Mrs SS thinks this is most odd: women don't generally wear skirts to go running, so shorts must be better, so why on earth would I run in a skirt? (I like it, it's comfortable!) I've told her of the existence of running skirts, but she is fairly disdainful of the notion. But if they started designing them for men as well, she might have to admit that I have a point!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair