Kilted Mechanics

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
chrisinkilt

Kilted Mechanics

Post by chrisinkilt »

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#/vi ... kilts.kotv

My wife sent this to me at work. I think she may be warming up to the kilt idea.
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Kilted Mechanics

Post by janrok »

Your link shows an Aussie who is held responsible for some lady's death.
But Google for car-mechanics-in-kilt does the trick.
So we now have car mechanics in kilt and if I remember correctly window cleaners in Canada climbing their ladders freeballing.
What's next? Bungee jumpers?
Perhaps that's something for me to do.

Jan.
Last edited by janrok on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

janrok wrote:Your link shows an Aussie who is responsible for some lady's death.
I hit the link a few minutes ago and it got the right story, so there must be something going on at CNN's site.

The story itself was a very positive one; it hit all the buttons I like seeing hit and -- best of all -- it did not hit any of the usual buttons that tend to get my ire up. It was presented in a perfectly straight manner with just the right amount of humour added to get the point across but not so much as to detract. Kudos to the mechanics at O'Brien's and to the news crew that did the story!
[... I]f I remember correctly window cleaners in Canada climbing their ladders freeballing.
Which is precisely not the sort of exposure (pun fully intended) we need.
What's next? Bungee jumpers?
Oh, dear. The visual on that one is painful to contemplate. :shock:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

A really good report. And it got the message over that kilts aren't always Scottish :)
It's nice to see someone else who's discovered women's best kept secret - skirts are cooler than pants :D

I tried clicking the 'Like' button and was invited to sign up with Facebook - something I will not do :evil:

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

FWIW, I do all of my car maintenance kilted. But I'm only working on my own cars in my own suburban driveway, so I guess that's not newsworthy.

stuart