Dangerous to wear a skirt?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Dangerous to wear a skirt?

Post by couyalair »

I have already written how skirts are becoming unwearable for women in France, especially for the younger generation (girls in skirts get harassed and insulted in high schools).
I have just read a newpaper article relating how a female minister was greeted with jeers &nd whistles yesterday, when she began a speech in the French parliament; because of the dress she was wearing, neither too short nor too revealing, just a dress.
The jeers came from the conservative side; perhaps they wear jealous in the dark suits.
Martin
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Dangerous to wear a skirt?

Post by crfriend »

couyalair wrote:I have just read a newpaper article relating how a female minister was greeted with jeers &nd whistles yesterday, when she began a speech in the French parliament; because of the dress she was wearing, neither too short nor too revealing, just a dress.
It sounds like the outpatients were out in force. Why didn't the minister just shut the clowns up?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

couyalair wrote:I have already written how skirts are becoming unwearable for women in France, especially for the younger generation (girls in skirts get harassed and insulted in high schools).
I take it they, like schoolgirls here, generally wear fanny pelmets, so they can be accused of looking like whores. It's rare to see teenage girls in any longer length of skirt. Short skirts have been in fashion for ages, so maybe their time will pass soon and girls will wear something a little less revealing. Then hopefully the boys will stop making unpleasant comparisons. It would be a sad day for men though!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

I think the ultra short pelmets may be a British speciality. I've seen them on foreign tourists in Spain, but not worn by the Spanish , nor by the French, as far as I can tell.
Martin, who can see nothing elegant in a skirt whose width is greater than its length.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Well said, Martin. It's amazing how many plump girls transgress this proportion and display their girth inside and under rediculously short attire in the high street, usually denim, and at weddings, usually soft floaty light coloured material.

It's actually rather a pity that the manufacturers produce these little numbers in such large sizes, or at all!

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !