LFW SS2012 Skirted Outfits

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
veletron

LFW SS2012 Skirted Outfits

Post by veletron »

Stills: http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/desi ... easonid=26

Vid: http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/catw ... ideoid=216

Lots of short shorts in evidence from other designers. Of course, we already know that as far as menswear is concerned, anything that comes down the catwalk is completely ignored in favour of rolling last years sh1te back out of the store room and onto the shop floor! Frankly I don't really know why they bother with menswear shows at fashion events anymore...

On the other hand, perhaps if what comes down the catwalk was no so bl00dy ridiculous looking, the high street might use some of it!

Nigel
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: LFW SS2012 Skirted Outfits

Post by r.m.anderson »

Hello Veletron - glad to have you back !

Sure a 'Happy' bunch of chaps - Not a smile or even a lip movement !
And how best NOT to promote or sell your gear - "SHORTS ARE NEVER WORN
WITH WING TIP SHOES AND BLACK SOX" !!!!!!!!!

Somebody in Texas who was promoting a New York BBQ Sauce had the best
welcoming reply from the locals a most apt statement: "GET A ROPE" !

IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS !!!

What are these fools trying to do shooting themselves in the foot making a
presentation ?

So so much for the advancement of the Men in Skirts movement !

"No-Further-Comments-Necessary"
rma
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

veletron wrote:Stills: http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/desi ... easonid=26

Lots of short shorts in evidence from other designers. Of course, we already know that as far as menswear is concerned, anything that comes down the catwalk is completely ignored in favour of rolling last years sh1te back out of the store room and onto the shop floor! Frankly I don't really know why they bother with menswear shows at fashion events anymore...
What a lousy selection. It does not even qualify as "interesting" or "attention grabbing", the usual excuse for walking garbage down a runway. I'm no fashionista, so it's hardly surprising I don't like the stuff on display, but presumably the folks at the show were interested? Apparently not; look at the people "watching" the show, in most of the pictures none of them are even looking towards the models. That says it all really.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Probably just there to get at what is offered for FREE---booze, eats, etc. :mrgreen:
Someone came down the catwalk with a piece of cloth hanging down from waist, at the front; ----what was that all about. Even the models (??) looked hacked off.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Maybe the reason why the models aren't smiling is because they're too embarrassed to be wearing that stuff! :)

--Rick
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Typical of a fashion show - the models don't smile. Now, on the other hand, you look a woman's clothing catalog, the models are smiling!

John
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Maybe the girls get to keep the outfits, hence the smile----the men are scowling cos they are afraid they will be given the clothes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
azhiker

Post by azhiker »

I much prefer skirts, but i do have some unisex shorts that my wife call tom sellick shorts. they are very short like they were in the 70's here in the states.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Hmmm, I quite liked some of the tops, but all of the bottoms were decidedly uninspiring.
The models will be told to not smile, which I think is the wrong thing to do.
You want people to look happy wearing the clothes, to get them to buy them, surely?
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

azhiker wrote:I much prefer skirts, but i do have some unisex shorts that my wife call tom sellick shorts. they are very short like they were in the 70's here in the states.
I still have many pairs of short shorts from that period as well - and not only can still fit them but wear them often in the summer months. So the transition from short shorts to miniskirts is no big thing for me. Everyone (family, friends and neighbours) accepts the shorts (though sometimes with a bit of friendly banter as well) though these days I wear mid-thigh to knee length.

I used to go by the rule, "the warmer the weather, the shorter the shorts" to which I have added "and skirts" to it.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

I used to have a few pairs of the "Tom Selleck" short shorts but over the years, either they've shrunk quite a bit or I've grown a bit around the waist... probably the latter! So... they were donated to Goodwill. I now own 2 pairs of denim short shorts that I bought in the women's section of a clothing store. I just went to the racks, found them, tried them on, and bought them. No strange looks or anything like that.

--Rick
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Nigel
good to hear from you again and hope we may be able to arrange another meet.
I prefer short shorts on a simple basis, skinny legs. I have 2 pairs, Bukta gym shorts and Adidas hot pants. Believe it or not they fit and look better on me than any pair of baggy jobs ever could.
Steve.