Men's Fashion Advice from the Globe and Mail

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Men's Fashion Advice from the Globe and Mail

Post by cessna152towser »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/fas ... le2167593/
An overall positive article from a fashion expert on a Canadian newspaper.
Its encouraging that the kilt is seen as a casual garment for everday wear.
Note the sentence:-
There has been a revival of male skirts as everyday wear in the past decade.....
though seemingly canvas kilts and big cargo pockets are less favoured in the article.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Milfmog

Re: Men's Fashion Advice from the Globe and Mail

Post by Milfmog »

I rather liked the poll at the end of the article:
When is it appropriate for a man to wear a kilt?
The proffered choices were:

a) At a wedding or other formal event
b) Whenever he wants to
c) On Robbie Burns Day
d) Never. Nowadays it's just silly

Current scores:
a) 26% - 55 votes
b) 58% - 124 votes
c) 4% -9 votes
d) 11% - 24 votes

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Talking about polls - some of you will have seen this one but some might not have - It too is very interesting:-

http://fashion.about.com/b/2009/03/27/m ... derful.htm

It's Hot - I like a man in a skirt! 118332 (72.1%)

I'm Indifferent -> men should wear what they want 44948 (27.4%)

It's weird - put some pants on! 956 (0.05%)

Speaks for itself!
Last edited by skirtingtoday on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

skirtingtoday

In the poll, more than 160,000 people were favourable to men wearing skirts, while fewer than 1,000 were against it. That's a phenomenal level of support - especially from an audience of mainly women!

Stu
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Stu wrote:skirtingtoday

In the poll, more than 160,000 people were favourable to men wearing skirts, while fewer than 1,000 were against it. That's a phenomenal level of support - especially from an audience of mainly women!

Stu
I wonder how that would have changed if the question had asked about "your man wearing a skirt". :roll:

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Stu wrote:skirtingtoday

Stu
"especially" - you mean you think men would have been even more supportive? Somehow I doubt it!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Dale

Post by Dale »

I was at the local animal shelter the day before yesterday. There were 9 women gathered in the car park there. When I got out of my vehicle (wearing a black leather skirt) I was bombarded with nothing but favorable comments. The majority of these women thought that a man in a skirt was very sexy, several told me so. Two of them even said that they were going to suggest to their husband / boyfriend that they wear a skirt. This is one of the few instances where I think people even noticed or commented so far. I am new to this (wearing skirts) but I haven't worn a pair of trousers for over 30 days now, and I may never do so again.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Good on you, Dale, but I notice your stomping ground is New Mexico, where presumably even at this time of year wearing a skirt wouldn't freeze the goolies off you.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Dale

Post by Dale »

Yes, it is cold in New Mexico right now. The days are not to bad however. For me this is a bit of a trade off. I fell of a cliff on Halloween of 1992. I have never found a pair of trousers comfortable since then. Uncomfortable at best, outright painful at worst. Wearing a skirt equals no pain, that is a big factor as to why I have embraced the wearing of a skirt so completely and quickly. I am the most comfortable I have been in 18 or 19 years, even with the cold. When I was a child living with my grandfather in Scotland, I remember that it was none to warm there at this time of year either, but I still wore a kilt.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Dale,
Now I understand that there is the Braveheart bred into you. A rescue helicopter has just airlifted five hillwalkers out of the Cairngorms where yesterday a gust reached 165 MPH during a particularly fierce storm that left 80,000 homes without electricity and closed schools up & down the country (Scotland).

Definitely not kilt wearing weather. I remember driving through the highlands in August and noted that snow still lingered high up on North facing slopes even then. BRRRRHH!!!

'Down' here in Ireland it's a crisp frosty full-moonlit night with several planets very observable in the un-light-polluted sky, and we're planning a 'Twelfth night' party for Jan. 6th. I'm going to be one of the eleven 'Pipers piping', wearing a kilt & lowland Potain jacket &c......

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

When I read it the poll on choice B "whenever he wants to" had risen to over 450 votes. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Dale

Post by Dale »

When I checked today choice B "Whenever he want to" was at 461 votes. Personally I would have added another choice, "Nearly always". I now wear a skirt everywhere I go public or private.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

It's a braw bricht....,oh no, it's raining now. Still, better than the flying garages we had2 days ago. Still, the garage roof was moved and today my phone line got rebuilt. I am used to rain! Flying garages are slightly less common.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Big and Bashful wrote:Still, the garage roof was moved and today my phone line got rebuilt. I am used to rain! Flying garages are slightly less common.
OK, good, B&B, as you were one of the ones I'd been worrying about given what I'd heard of the weather in your part of the world. I'm still waiting on hearing from some of the other Scots in the community, but I am happy that you are OK!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Big and Bashful wrote:It's a braw bricht....,oh no, it's raining now. Still, better than the flying garages we had2 days ago. Still, the garage roof was moved and today my phone line got rebuilt. I am used to rain! Flying garages are slightly less common.
Hope that boat of yours was well moored. Winds like that can cause immense damage even in harbour.

Have fun,

Ian.