SKIRT BAN

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

SKIRT BAN

Post by STEVIE »

A school in Ipswich England has banned the wearing of skirts. The reason being that they cannot control how the girls customise them to non uniform lengths.
This resonated with me as the girls did exactly that in the seventies when I was at school. They rolled over the waistband to shorten the hem.
The authorities never seemed to react one way or the other. However, one unfortunate forgot and went home thus attired. Her Dad, one of natures true gentleman, blacked both her eyes. She then had to come to school like that until they healed.
Oh the good old days. It seems to me that we haven't learnt a thing about tolerance or individual freedoms. It certainly does nothing for our cause.
Steve.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: SKIRT BAN

Post by Since1982 »

How about the Poker tolerance when 3 poker sites online cheated and the United States of America stopped all US Citizens from playing Poker online. ALL that is, on all 40 sites. No possible reasons given, 3 sites did money laundering and our GOV punished all the players...go figger. It's referred to as "BLACK FRIDAY" April 15, 2011
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Re: SKIRT BAN

Post by phathack »

When I was in school in the 1970's the girls skirts had to reach at or below the knee when standing up.
The same rule applied to shorts, which only girls were allowed to wear.
The boys were required to be in long pants.
Cheerleaders and band flag corps girls in uniform were exempt from the skirt length rule.
Gym, Tennis, Track and Field uniforms etc. were exempt from the rules as well.

A violation of the dress code was a demerit, which was served as 1 hour after school time and a note to be signed by your parents.
3 Demerits would cause a 1 day suspension from school, 3 suspensions and you were out for the year.
If you were in any extracurricular program a suspension got you removed from all extracurricular programs or the year.