Let's start a Pizza Hut boycott!!!!

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Let's start a Pizza Hut boycott!!!!

Post by renesm1 »

http://gawker.com/5820723/pizza-hut-hates-drag-queens

Although I disagree with the headline - he's not in drag, he's wearing a dress!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Let's start a Pizza Hut boycott!!!!

Post by Taj »

Hurting every franchise owner because one was a jerk isn't the answer. I can change my small world more effectively than I can change the whole world.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

A better idea would be to get a few guys together who happen to wear skirts, then visit said Pizza Hut en masse.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Kilted_John wrote:A better idea would be to get a few guys together who happen to wear skirts, then visit said Pizza Hut en masse.
This reminds me of a tale from my youth:

Many years ago, when I was still at university one of my lecturers, a man of around 50, was out with his wife on his motorcycle, a fully faired Honda Goldwing. Both of them had leathers and helmets that matched the colours of the bike and it must have been pretty obvious that they were a respectable, rather well to do couple. They stopped at a pub and tried to order a couple of drinks, but were told by the manager that he did not serve motorcyclists as "they are all too much trouble". They did not make a fuss, just quietly left.

A couple of weeks later the couple went back in with a few friends, about thirty of us, who had all arrived by car or on foot. A round of drinks was ordered and served. No one touched the drinks until the barman asked for the money. At that point the lecturer looked him in the eye and said "I'm terribly sorry, but I've just remembered that you have a policy of not serving motorcyclists. In view of that and since we are all bikers, I shall not embarrass you by making you throw us out again." Then we all left, never to return, leaving all the drinks untouched (and unpaid for) on the bar.

I have no idea whether the publican learned anything from that exercise, but it certainly made us feel better.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

The written comments were concerned entirely with the qualities of the Hut's pizzas, not concerned at all with the man's dress. A sign of liberated mentalities?

However, his voice and manners are effeminate, so I can well imagine the managers thinking he was looking for a date rather than a meal, and fearing that his presence would not go down well with more conservative customers. Not a style I would adopt personally.

Martin
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Milfmog wrote: Then we all left, never to return, leaving all the drinks untouched (and unpaid for) on the bar.

Ian.
Excelent strategy (or is it tactics? I can never remember the difference!)

Martin
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I have been boycotting Pizza Hut for years, but not because of their dress policy. I don't go to Pizza Hut because their food is absolutely appalling. I can but nicer pizzas frozen from the cheapest supermarkets in town, and their other so-called "food" is boring, tasteless plastic - and it isn't especially cheap to eat there. I don't mind fast food: I like a decent fresh pizza from a take-away, and I occasionally eat at places like McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken etc, but I draw the line at Pizza Hut. How they have managed to build up a business selling overpriced garbage like that beats me.

Stu
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

That guy ain't a drag queen, that's just a homeless person who stole some covering off a clothesline in his neighborhood..look at the shoes... :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

i have to give benefit of the doubt.

the report says that the man came into the resaurant 3 times WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE.

and they claim to have it on video.

now, unless the store manager is a COMPLETE fool, he wouldn't make those statements without being able to back them up.

store managers have to be RIDICULOUSLY careful not to offend customers.

i'd think the individual in question would have lawyers knocking down his door, trying to get him to open a lawsuit. IF there was any grounds to what he claimed on camera.

my $.02
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Good show, Ian...I personally have a similar story to tell..In 1962 I was out riding on my brand new 750 cc BMW fully dressed out, custom painted in metalflake green with white pinstriping motorcycle, minding my own business, staying well within the speed limit on what was then called "The Strip" on Fort Lauderdale beach where I was pretty much raised at. I was 21 at the time and very "full of myself" when a slight touch of the siren made me twist my head around and see what was behind me. It was a City motorcycle policeman pulling me over to the curb. This was about 7 pm and the strip was just starting to fill with young people for the evening. I pulled off and asked him what the problem was, as I was obviously not a "motorcycle bum" type, no tats, no raggy clothes, just a young man out for some cruising.

He walked up from his "bike" to mine and said, "Don't I know you?" I said, "I don't think so, Sir." He said, "aren't you Skip Fraser"?? "Yes sir, I replied and he said in a very mean voice, well, I thought so.." Officer, I have friends I'm looking for, can you tell me why you pulled me over please? He responded with, "GET A HAIRCUT OR GET OUT OF TOWN"

This was as I said, 1962, the Beatles had just taken America by storm and every male with hair that wasn't a "redneck or cop" had his hair alllll the way down to the top 1/2 inch of his ears. Nothing like male hair looked like in 1966 when John Lennons hair was half way down his back. Anyway, he confiscated my bike, arrested me, cuffed me, called for a "paddy wagon" and hauled me away to jail. I spent the night in jail in the drunk tank, scared to death that some drunk was going to rape me before morning.

The next morning at 9 am, I was brought up before the Judge, who said to Officer Van Sant, YOU ARRESTED HIM FOR WHAT!!! Mr. Fraser, you may go with our deepest apologies. Long hair is not an arrestable offense. (I later got a letter from the Judge apprising me of the fact that Officer Van Sant had his salary docked and had been instructed to come to my home and apologise to me in person if I wanted him to.) I declined...why make a permanent enemy? I got more than I expected, and I did have to live in that town for another 10 years as it turned out. He made a fool of himself and I'm sure he got enough censure at work without me pushing his buttons. :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

That is why laws protecting "gender identity and expression" are important. In states that have such laws on their books, it is clear that Pizza Hut can't throw him out for wearing a dress. In states without such laws (such as, almost certainly, the Carolinas)... he might not have a right to wear a dress in public. Remember the Winn-Dixie employee who was fired for cross-dressing on his own time. The firing was upheld on appeal.

But coming in three times without making a purchase... that seems weird.